jiang yanli x reader 🌺࿐ LATE BIRTHDAY

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Fluffy 💕

▶ Gender neutral reader

▶ Small reminder in case anyone forgot - F/C = favorite color 

▶ Yeah her birthday is 5/2

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"This was a fun birthday.." Jiang Yanli whispered softly. [Y/N] sat behind her, braiding her hair delicately. Yanli tilted her head back to help [Y/N] and smiled softly. "I'm going to miss this..." 

[Y/N] frowned. "Just because you're getting married doesn't mean we can't do things like this!" They huffed, grabbing some more hair and pulling it into the braid. "If you keep talking like that I'm going to come over and steal you away from your husband each day just so we can spend time together." 

Yanli laughed softly, hands folded in her lap. "I know you would do that," 

[Y/N] huffed. "Then you know I will go through with it. Stop talking like your going away forever." 

"I'm sorry," she didn't sound very sorry. "It won't happen again A-[Y/N]." 

"Good." [Y/N] puffed their cheeks out and grabbed a long [F/C] ribbon and tied it into a pretty bow at the end of the braid. They smiled happily at the finished product. "Did you enjoy it?" 

Jiang Yanli hummed in confusion. 

"I mean what was your favorite part of tonight?" [Y/N] clarified. 

"Oh," Yanli giggled. "Thats sooo hard A-[Y/N]! Why would you make me choose?" She turned around to face the [H/C] friend. [Y/N] rested their chin on their palm, smiling brightly. "I never said it had to just be one." 

The Jiang hummed thoughtfully, running her fingers along the braid and feeling it. Everything about the seen radiated happiness, love, and being content. It was peaceful and relaxed. It was one of those moments where you just wanted to take a mental snapshot of it and keep it forever, hold it close to your chest and never let it go. 

"I liked when A-Niang and A-Die ended up falling asleep together," Yanli smiled fondly. "That was adorable and more than anything I could have ever wanted." 

[Y/N] nodded. Madam Yu and Clan Leader Jiang rarely ever spent time together or even showed their affection for one another so it was always so heart warming to see when they did. "That was cute. They at least love each other somewhere deep in their hearts even if they don't want to ever admit it." 

Yanli chuckled. "I also liked when A-Cheng shoved the cake into A-Xian's face. I felt a little bad but it was funny - especially when A-Xian began to chase A-Cheng around the pier before they both fell into the water." 

[Y/N] laughed. "They were soaked!" 

Yanli smiled and leaned forward. "But my favorite part had to be...." She trailed off. 

[Y/N] frowned a little, confused. "What?" 

"I loved that you were there. I loved that you tried to make me a cake... and I just love that you're here, spending the evening with me." 

[Y/N]'s eyes widened before they smiled and hugged Yanli tightly. She hugged back just as tight. 

"I'm glad you had fun," [Y/N] whispered. "And I hope your birthdays in the future are just as great as this one." 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ I AM ALIVE (and yeah I finally got my charger :D) 

▶ Lol I was getting desperate and almost started typing on my phone ;w; 

▶ Please take this drawing of Shijie for her birthday drawn by me as compensation <33

Completed : 6/8/2022