jin ling x reader 🌻࿐part 3

▶ Requested by - @Youzhisan , @MistoXD

▶ Fluff and some angst 

▶ Female reader

▶ Jin Yang is all grown up 

▶ Looks something like this?? (Not my art!) 

(@kiwimemer on twitter I think-) 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I thought I would find you here." 

Jin Yang looked up to see Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi standing over him. He groaned and stood. "How? You always find me!" 

"I'm just that good!" Jingyi said smugly before getting elbowed in the side by his friend. He glared. 

"You always come here," Sizhui said softly, shoot Jingyi a glare. "When you are stressed or upset-"

"Or just needing a break!" Jingyi interrupted. The two Lans had an intense staring contest before Sizhui sighed. 

Jin Yang looked at them strangely, crossing his arms. "Why are you two here? I finished all my work if that's you came here to harp on me." 

"He isn't like any of them.." He heard Jingyi whisper. 

Sizhui shot him a look telling him to shut up. 

Jin Yang looked at them expectantly. "Well?" 

Sizhui coughed. "Today... Today is the... death... of your parents... And we wanted to... show you something..." He trailed off, looking solemn. Even Jingyi quieted. 

Jin Yang winced. He had forgotten that that was today. He didn't really remember them. He knew he looked a lot like neither of them but Lan Sizhui liked to remind him that he had his mothers eyes and his fathers sharp tongue (though he didn't really believe him). They hide died when he was very young and he was untrusted to Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi who were close with his mother (they didn't really tell him how close and he never asked). He had seen a painting of his parents. It was beautiful but he didn't really look at it long. What he does remember is someone calling him 'sunshine' and a familiar song. He didn't really know the lyrics but he liked to hum it. Everyone talked highly of his parents and it made him feel left out... It was stupid. Out of everyone, their own son didn't even know what to think of them. He didn't know what they were like besides the occasional story or two from Jingyi and Sizhui.