wen qing x older brother!reader 💉࿐

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Fluff <3 (and maybe small angst but its not that bad I swear) 

▶ Male reader

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"A-Qing... Why did you have to hit that boy?" [Y/N]'s sweat dropped. His younger sister was so violent and head strong. She certainly knew how to make a scene... 

"They were talking bad about you!" Wen Qing snapped, huffing. 

[Y/N] sighed as he dabbed the cotton against her cheek. She winced but let her older brother continue with his work. "I don't care what others think about me, that means you shouldn't either."

Wen Qing furrowed her brows. "But- That makes no sense!" 

[Y/N]'s sweat dropped. How were they from the same parents? They were complete opposites. "A-Qing, I want you to listen to me." 

Wen Qing looked at him weirdly, still sour from hearing his previous words. 

[Y/N] gently put a bandage on her bruised cheek and started to wrap her arms which were covered in scratches and more bruises that were turning an ugly plum color. "I don't care if you don't ever listen to me ever again in your life but I just want you to always keep these words in mind, alright?" He smiled. "Think of it as some brotherly advice to his little sister." He ruffled her hair a little which made the girl slap his hand away, glaring. 

"Don't do that, I'm not finished wrapping your arms." [Y/N] scolded, mood doing a 180. Wen Qing did as she was told and sat still again. She wouldn't admit it but she liked being dotted on like this. She liked the attention from her older brother who was hardly ever around these days. He was always out helping others and rarely had time for her anymore. Their parents had been distant too, preparing for their new sibling to be born. [Y/N] was to help with the delivery and had been more jittery than usual. 

[Y/N] sighed again. "I want you to always remember, that we are healers not fighters." 

Wen Qing gave him an unimpressed look. 

[Y/N] chuckled awkwardly. "What I mean by that is you should always try and heal, never hurt others. It doesn't matter if they are your enemy or your closest friend, you should always try and help where things can be helped." 

"Thats so stupid." Wen Qing huffed. "Why would I help someone if they were my enemy? They're my enemy!"

[Y/N] smiled, before sighing again. "I'm sure you'll understand when your older." He patted her head. "There all done. You can go do... what ever it is that you do."

'Gee maybe you'd know what I do if you spent more time at home! With me!' Wen Qing thought bitterly. But she kept her mouth shut. 

"I need to go help mom with something. I think the baby will be coming soon." He picked up all the medical supplies he had gotten out and stood, using his free hand to smooth out his clothes. "You'll be okay on your own, right?" 

Wen Qing rolled her eyes. "Yes, yes! Now go away!" 

[Y/N] smiled, Wen Qing thought it might have looked sad but when she looked again nothing was wrong. She must have just imagined it. 

"Yes, yes~" [Y/N] mock saluted, leaving the room like he had been told. 

Wen Qing's sour expression slowly fell into a sad one. She moved slowly over to her desk and dug through the piles of paper she had stacked in order to hide the thing she was looking for. She smiled brightly when she found the book she had been looking for. She held it up with pride. 

It was an old medical book that [Y/N] had given her for her birthday one year. At the time she had acted like she didn't want it but she secretly was very happy to be given it. She had debated many times whether or not if she should simply 'borrow' one from her brother but then he had gotten her very own book so there was no need. 

She brought it close to her chest and hugged it tightly, closing her eyes and smiling softly. She hadn't told anyone but she wanted to get into medicine because of [Y/N]

Wen Qing had spouted to the whole world that she hadn't wanted to follow her families footsteps and become a doctor just like them. She had wanted to forge her own path. But then.. Slowly over time she thought that maybe if she learned medicine she would get to spend more time with [Y/N] and maybe grow closer to him... And soon that thought faded away as she fell in love with medicine and all it had to offer. Not that anyone knew, that is. 

Wen Qing opened her eyes and set the book down, opening to the last page she had left off on the night before and began to happily read. 

[Y/N] closed the door and gently walked away. He had forgotten something but when he saw what his sister was doing he decided it could wait. He always had a feeling that Wen Qing secretly liked medicine. He smiled softly, glad his little sister was finding her place in the world and growing up... 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Ahhh Wen Qing feels so ooc but I haven't written her in so longgg 

▶ Ugh this is so cute <333 (I almost feel bad for thinking of writing an entire angst part 2)

Completed : 8/3/2022