jiang yanli x reader 🌺࿐part 2

▶ Requested by - @Geniesies

▶ They really wanted angst lol 

▶ Male reader

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Aww, he looks so precious." [Y/N] cooed as he stared down at the barely one month old baby in his arms. He looked up to see his wife already staring lovingly at him. He blushed as she smiled warmly. 

"Isn't he the cutest?" Yanli agreed, taking the baby from [Y/N]'s arms. 

"He is," [Y/N] agreed. He smiled and watched his wife putting their son down for a nap. "A-Li..." 

She hummed in acknowledgment, tucking the child in and kissing his forehead. 

"I want to invite Wei Wuxian to A-Ling's one month." 

Jiang Yanli looked up in surprise. "A-[Y/N]?" 

He smiled and moved to where she was in the room, taking her hand in his. "I know how much you love him and I want him to be there at the one month celebration." 

"Oh... A-[Y/N]..." Yanli smiled brightly, staring into his eyes. "I know you two don't get along very well.. you don't have to do this." 

[Y/N] shook his head. "I want him to come. I know I haven't been the best to him but I want to try again with him..." He kissed her nose making her giggle. "He means so much to you and I know you want him to come, so I want him to come too." 

"Your so sweet A-[Y/N]." Yanli laughed. 

[Y/N]'s face slowly turned pink as he hid his face in the crook of his wife's neck. "A-Li...!" 

Yanli only laughed harder at that. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] shushed the crying child or at least tried. He didn't really know how to do this, Yanli was much better but that might just be a mothers instinct. 

"A-Ling... shhh... I know you miss your mother... I do too..." [Y/N] gently rocked the baby back and forth, trying to calm him down. 

[Y/N] had been deeply wounded and was stuck in Koi Tower until he was fully healed and didn't run the risk of dying. He had bandages on his left leg, right shoulder, and chest where there would soon be an ugly and rough scar from where he was stabbed. 

When [Y/N] had awoken from an expected but welcomed nap his wife was missing. He looked everywhere but she was no where in sight. Not even the servants knew where she went and [Y/N] had a sinking feeling he knew exactly where she was heading. 

He gently placed their son down in his crib, tucking him in and leaving a little rattle drum toy next to him. [Y/N] almost left a letter but decided against it. Jiang Cheng would know what to do and he probably would fight anyone who tried to take A-Ling away from him.