nie huaisang x jin!reader 🌿࿐

▶ Requested by - @beth041099

▶ Fluff and angst

▶ Female reader

▶ MC is Zixuan's older sister and their father put her into an arranged marriage with Huaisang which she isn't very happy about in the beginning

▶ What's with the Jin's and arranged marriages?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I guess we're twinning now." [Y/N] slumped against her younger brother's desk. She probably looked a hot mess and very unladylike but that was the last thing on her mind.

"Twinning?" Jin Zixuan raised an eyebrow at her. She watched as he put his ink brush down and moved the wet paper out of the way.

"Yes, twinning." [Y/N] sighed dramatically. "Have you not heard the news? Father has put me into an arranged marriage with the youngest Nie."

"Nie Huaisang?" Jin Zixuan frowned. Even if he was the younger sibling, he'd always been over protective of [Y/N]. "I thought the whole point of me being in an arranged marriage was so that you wouldn't have to do it as well."

She picked up a spare brush and twirled it around absentmindedly. "I think it's because you'll be the next Clan Leader. They want an heir in case you have an... unfortunate accident." [Y/N] said the words bitterly, glaring at nothing.

Zixuan huffed. "I know that. Our line of work isn't exactly the safest."

"Oh why couldn't you have taken up a normal path in life? Now I must worry about you all the time!"

"You don't have too." Zixuan lifted his chin, giving her a withering look. "And besides, it would bring great shame to the Jin Clan if I didn't also become a cultivator." 

[Y/N] rolled her eyes, tossing the brush carelessly back onto the desk. Zixuan glared at her before fixing it, placing it in its rightful place. "Oh my poor Didi," she cooed, standing on her knees before throwing herself onto her brother.

"Ack- [Y/N]-Jie!"

[Y/N] laid her head atop his, hugging him tightly. "Aw! My little Didi is all grown up! I'm going to cry-"

"Get off!" Zixuan protested, trying to wrestle his way out of her grip but [Y/N] didn't relent. "[Y/N]-Jie!"

"I remember when you would call me 'Jiejie'... What happened to that? I hope Maiden Jiang can talk some sense into you. I know she isn't as fierce as A-Niang is but I'm sure she'll make a fine Madam Jin some day."

Zixuan flushed crimson at the mention of his betrothed. "S-shut up... Do-don't bring up Maiden Jiang..."

[Y/N] let go and sat back, grinning. "Your crush on her is adorable. Especially when you have no clue how to act and end up just making things worse."