jin ling x pregnant!reader 🌻࿐

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Fluff 

▶ Female reader

▶ They are aged up to around 20 something

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Sizhui! Jingyi! It's so nice to see you two again!" [Y/N] greeted brightly. 

Jingyi ran past Sizhui, aiming to hug [Y/N] before Jin Ling materialized from nowhere and pushed him back. Sizhui luckily caught the unLan before he could get hurt. 

"Ack- Hey! Little mistress! What was that for?!" Jingyi straightened, holding his head in his hand. He glared through his fingers at the stubborn Jin. 

"[Y/N]," Sizhui greeted. The two stepped off to the side leaving the other two to bicker. "Its good to see you." 

[Y/N] smiled. "Its good to see you as well Sizhui. How has Gusu been? I would have visited but A-Ling has grown rather overprotective lately." 

Sizhui finally noticed her belly. It was barely noticeable beneath all the fabrics. He grew rather bashful. "A-ah... Congratulations!" He smiled despite feeling a little awkward he truly was happy for his friends. They deserved all the happiness in the world. "How long are you?" 

[Y/N]'s smile widened. "Around 7 months!" She had started to wear Qixiong ruqun's to make it easier for both her and the baby. 

(Except a lot more gold and yellow) 

"Do you have any name ideas?" 

" A few," she admitted. "But we're unsure so we haven't made any permanent choices." 

Sizhui nodded in understanding. "Thats-" 

"WHAT?!" 

They both flinched at Jingyi's scream and looked over in concern to that Jin Ling and Lan Jingyi had stopped fighting. 

"Wh-what?!" 

"Ah... A-Ling must have told him..." [Y/N] trailed off as Jingyi ran right over to her, again. 

"[Y/N] is it true?! Don't tell me it's true!!! Please I beg of you!" 

"Are you blind?!" Jin Ling snapped. "Use your eyes dumbass!" 

Jingyi stared at her so hard it made her blush from embarrassment. 

"WAHHH! IT IS TRUE!!" Jingyi sobbed and made everyone wince at his volume. 

"Of course it's true! Why would I lie about that?!" 

[Y/N] laughed softly into her Tuanshan fan. 

"[Y/N]- How cou-could you betray me like this?!" Jingyi sobbed, clinging to her leg like a toddler. "I thought we were best friends but now you're carrying his devil spawn! Wahhhhhh!

"She married me! It was bound to happen eventually!" Jin Ling blushed and [Y/N]'s laughs grew a little louder. "And what do you mean 'devil spawn'?! Don't talk about my child like that!" 

"Jingyi... She's married to a clan leader of course it's expected of her to produce heirs." Sizhui tried to console his friend. 'And also Jin Ling and [Y/N] are very much in love.' He added silently. 

"[Y/N] how could you let him do this to you?!" Jingyi sobbed harder. It didn't go unnoticed that he wasn't clinging to her nearly as tightly as he had in the past. "Now we will have a mini little mistress running around soon!" 

"HEy-" 

"Jingyi," [Y/N] cut off her husband. She patted the Lan's head, stroking his hair. "Why are you so upset? Is it really so bad that we're going to have a child?" 

"YEs-" Jingyi cried, looking very offended. "Not only will there be one little mistress but soon there will be two!" 

"Jingyi, it won't be all bad," Sizhui cut in. "The child will also be [Y/N]'s." 

Lan Jingyi just continued to sob into the fabrics of [Y/N]'s skirts. 

They all collectively sighed. 

"Well... This wasn't how I planned to tell you two..." Jin Ling muttered solemnly. [Y/N] patted his head before taking his hand and started rubbing gently circles on the back of it. He shot her a very fond and very thankful look. "I was planning to tell you over tea, somewhere private." He sent a glare to all the onlookers who quickly got back to work. "But I suppose with Jingyi involved nothing goes to plan." 

Jingyi thankfully didn't hear the Jin over his loud and dramatic crying. 

[Y/N] laughed, fanning herself with her Tuanshan fan. It was rather hot; the sun beating down and the air thick with humidity. Jin Ling noticed immediately. 

"Why don't we head inside and get some tea," he suggested. "I already have a room prepared and it would be a waste not to use it." 

Sizhui smiled, noticing Jin Ling's small action. "That sounds great." He turned to [Y/N]. "Here, let me help you." He proceeded to pick up the crying Jingyi and throw him over his shoulder without a care in the world. 

Jin Ling and [Y/N] blinked before Jin Ling rolled his eyes and started to lead the way, holding on to his wife and helping her. Stupid Lans with their stupid, crazy arm strength that shouldn't be possible. [Y/N] just found it amusing. 

"A-Ling I'm not made of glass. You don't need to be so overprotective," she chided half-heartedly. "I won't simply fall apart just because the wind blew too hard one day." 

"Let me do this," Jin Ling insisted, ever so stubborn. 

She sighed and Sizhui had the feeling she was rolling her eyes. "I'm pregnant not helpless." 

Jin Ling huffed but didn't let go. [Y/N] said nothing more and leaned into his touch. 

Sizhui smiled warmly. It always warmed his heart to see the two interact. They were so in love and care so much for each other that it could rot someones teeth out in mere seconds. He ignored Jingyi's cries and protests and continued to follow the lovely couple. 

Who knew Jin Ling could be such a dotting husband. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Tuanshan - is a round fan 

▶ Qixiong Ruqun - Its the type of Hanfu that Yanli wore before she was married 

▶ Yes, Jin Ling reminds both Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng heavily of Jin Zixuan when he finally married Yanli and became a dotting husband (simp) himself 

Completed : 7/23/2023