jin guangyao x spouse!reader 🎗࿐

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Lots of fluff 

▶ Gender neutral reader 

▶ MC and Meng Yao got married when they were much younger and were considered the 'perfect couple' or the 'dream marriage' 

▶ I might do a part 2 with lots of angst <3 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"When we are older I will marry you!" Meng Yao pledged, smiling widely. 

[Y/N] cooed. "Aw, your so sweet A-Yao! But I'm sure A-Die already has someone picked out to marry me with." 

Meng Yao frowned. "But that's not fair!" 

"Why not?" [Y/N] asked, tilting their head. "Thats how my family's done it for years." 

"But-" Meng Yao furrowed his brows, looking very troubled and unhappy with this news. "You don't get to pick your husband? Don't you want to be happy?" 

"I'm sure A-Die and A-Niang will find the right match for me."

"But don't you want to be able to pick?" Meng Yao persisted. "Don't you want to be the one to be able to pick who you love and who you can marry?" 

[Y/N] hummed, looking thoughtful. "I guess... But I've always known that this would happen," they shrugged. "I'm not that bothered by it." 

Meng Yao huffed and crossed his arms. "I swear to you I'll marry you!" 

"Eh- A-Yao?" [Y/N] stuttered, eyes widening. They hadn't expected this from their usually quiet and studios friend. 

"I'll do whatever it takes! But I will marry you! And- And we can be the happiest couple in the whole village!" 

[Y/N] laughed, ignoring the way their cheeks flushed pink in the afternoon light. "I wish you luck A-Yao... A-Die is a very hard man to convince." 

"Don't you worry!" Meng Yao grinned at them. He didn't realize how hard this would actually turn out to be. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

And so it begun. Meng Yao's long and difficult journey to try and woo not only [Y/N]'s parents - especially their father - but also [Y/N] themself. He tried everything from showering them in gifts to 'dates' to even begging. 

It was a slow process but eventually he won [Y/N]'s heart. Now all that was left to do was try and convince their father. He had already become well liked by [Y/N]'s mother while trying to win [Y/N]'s heart. 

And it actually wasn't that hard to win [Y/N]'s father approval. They had made it seem a lot harder than it actually was. 

"You said your father was a hard man to convince." Meng Yao brought it up one evening while [Y/N] helped fold clothes.