lan jingyi x reader 💙࿐birthday special

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎉🎉

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎉🎉

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Fluff 

▶ Female reader

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"What do you want for your birthday?" [Y/N] asked, resting her chin on her palm, elbow propped up against the table. "Its coming up right?"

Jingyi nodded. "Yeah its in about a week or so. The 24th."

[Y/N] hummed, waiting for him to answer her first question.

"As of what I want... hmm.... Thats tough." 

Sizhui sighed. "Jingyi, you need to finish this, this, this and that." He pointed to all the blank spots on the teens paper. Jingyi groaned, hiding his face in his arms. [Y/N] laughed and continued her drawing and purposefully ignoring her ink stained hands. 

"I guess... what I want for my birthday is just to be with everyone I love...." Jingyi smiled wistfully. "That sounds like a nice gift..." 

An idea popped into [Y/N]'s head. She simply smiled before telling Jingyi off again about doing his work because his reactions were always so funny. 

"All this work is going to kill me!" 

Sizhui shook his head fondly at his friends dramatics. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Is everyone ready?" [Y/N] asked. 

Lan Sizhui, Jin Ling, Ouyang Zizhen, Lan Xichen, Lan Wangji, and Wei Wuxian all nodded. Jiang Cheng was here too, because he had come with Jin Ling, but was standing off to the side, not participating in what [Y/N] had planned. Jin Ling just really wanted to get back at Jingyi. Lan Wangji was doing it because Wei Wuxian was. And Lan Xichen was just going along with it because it seemed fun. He may technically be a clan leader but that doesn't mean he couldn't have his fun too. Wen Ning was somewhere. He was too nice to do that. 

She peeked around the corner to see said teen walking idly down the path. She had made sure to leave a note before rushing back to prepare everything. "Okay everyone quiet! His coming!" 

They all waited for [Y/N] to give the signal. Her [E/C] eyes watched the Lan as he took his sweet time walking through the forest. She tried to pick a scenic route to stall him a bit but this was just ridiculous! Her sweat dropped. 'Why is he walking so slow? My arm is about to fall off...' 

Finally he was almost on top of their hiding spot before [Y/N] gave the green light. They all jumped out of their hiding spot and each shoved a cake into his face. 

Lan Jingyi's face was now coated in a thick layer of frosting and cream, chunks sliding down his face. Some had gotten into his hair and onto his clothes. He used his hand to wipe away some near his eyes so he could see properly. The Lan looked down at his hand in shock. 

"Is... is this frosting?"

[Y/N]'s smile was wide enough to rival the Cheshire Cat. "Happy Birthday!" She screamed, and acted like she was going to give him a hug before remembering he was covered in cake frosting. The others echoed her, smiling widely (and smugly). 

"What..." Jingyi blinked. "Did you seriously all shove a cake in my face?" 

Jin Ling crackled. "Consider it payback for my last birthday!" 

Jingyi glared at him but with no real heat behind it. 

Sizhui smiled innocently. 

Wei Wuxian was laughing his ass off, using Lan Wangji - stoic as ever - as a pillar of support to keep him from falling onto the floor like an idiot. Jiang Cheng had joined them, arms crossed, after they had done their little prank. His resting bitch face looked a little more relaxed and softer than usual. 

"C-Clan Leader?! H-Hanguang-Jun!? Wha- You were in on it too?" Jingyi screeched, finally noticing them. 

Lan Wangji said nothing while Lan Xichen smiled innocently. "It sounded like fun." Plus [Y/N] practically begged him and threatened to do horrible things to him for an entire year. Of course he had already agreed before she could start threatening him so it all worked out in the end. 

Ouyang Zizhen shied away, standing near Lan Sizhui. It was fun and he was glad to be a part of it but at the same time he didn't want Jingyi to be mad at him. He quite liked him as a friend. 

[Y/N] yelped as Jingyi tackled her, getting frosting and cake bits on her too. "GAh! J-Jingyi! NO-" 

Jingyi laughed mischievously as he stood, helping his friend up too. "Payback!" 

[Y/N] rolled her eyes, trying to wipe frosting off her. "Your welcome! You have such a weird way of saying thank you" 

Jingyi, like the responsible teen he is, stuck his tongue out at her and blew a raspberry. 

[Y/N] glared but soon burst into laughter. 

"I promise that wasn't you're actually cake," Sizhui said, stepping up. "We do have an actual cake for you but [Y/N] suggested this first so...." He trailed off, looking completely innocent. 

Jingyi playfully glared at his best friend. "Sizhui," he huffed. "I have trust issues because of you."

[Y/N] wheezed, struggling to breath. 

"Look at him!" Jingyi yelled. "He looks so innocent! Like he didn't just help shove a cake in my face!" 

Sizhui's expression didn't change and [Y/N] was slowly dying in the background. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ This just came to me. All that came to me was 'they all shove pie in his face' 

▶ No I didn't almost forget to publish this and yes my arms hurt lmao 

Completed : 8/24/2022