lan sizhui x reader 📖࿐

▶ Requested by - @a_k4ri

▶ Fluff and some angst (the whole deal 😍)

▶ Female reader

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] looked out the window of the library to see Lan Sizhui walking by slowly, his head downwards. It was unlike him and it worried [Y/N]. She knew she should be studying but her best friend was more important than copying the rules 100 times while doing a handstand. 

"Sizhui! Sizhui!" She called, rushing out of the library and nearly tripping over her robes. 

"Ah... [Y/N]..." Sizhui tried to smile but it looked anything but. "You shouldn't run in Cloud Recesses." He was always softer on her when scolding her or reminding her of the rules unlike a certain other Lan... 

[Y/N] panted a little, trying to catch her breath. "Sizhui if I hadn't run you would have gotten away! As your best friend I can't allow that! Now what's wrong?" She gripped his shoulders tightly, forcing him to look her in the eye. 

He hesitated, not wanting to bother his best friend with something he deemed not important. But he also knew [Y/N] wouldn't budge. 

"Well? Tell me! I want to know what's wrong so I can't cheer you up! You shouldn't be so down! I like you much better when you're smiling!" 

"Eh- Please tell me you didn't just say that-" 

"I like you better when you're smiling." [Y/N] said more forcefully, smiling tightly. Sizhui's sweat dropped. 

"Its... Its really not that big of a deal [Y/N], really." Sizhui tried. He knew it wouldn't work. And just as he thought, [Y/N] gave him an unimpressed look that said, 'You really think I'm going to believe that bullshit?'. 

He sighed, giving in. "Fine... I overheard some elders talking about me..." 

[Y/N] raised an eyebrow. "And? What did they say? It must have been bad seeing as your so gloomy. I can see the little rain cloud over your head perfectly." 

"I don't have a rain cloud over my head..." The Lan mumbled, frowning. 

"Yes you do!" She grinned and let go of his shoulders before quickly grabbing his hand and started to drag him. Curse her and her stupid Lan strength! 

"[Y/N]?!" Sizhui stuttered as he was dragged by the [H/C] haired girl. "Wh-what are you doing?! Y-you have to study!" 

"Nuh-uh!" 

"Yes! We both do!" Sizhui reminded her, thinking she had forgotten or was trying to get out of studying. 

"That can wait!" [Y/N] rolled her eyes. "Your more important so you come first! Always!"