jiang yanli x reader 🌺࿐

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Fluff 💕

▶ Male reader

▶ More Yanli because I love her <3 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"How dare he get close to our Shijie!" Wei Wuxian gritted out, hand on his sword and ready to draw it and stab the bastard with his sister at any second. Jiang Cheng stood next to him, sword also ready. 

"He doesn't deserve her!" 

[Y/N] could feel a dark presence behind him but chose to ignore it. He sipped his tea and stared lovingly at the gorgeous woman across from him. 

"I'm sorry about my brothers," she said apologetically. "I don't know what has gotten into them. They are usually so nice..." 

'Nice..? They tried to maul me... Like some feral dogs...' [Y/N] thought, eye twitching. "Its alright Lady Jiang. I just hope they warm up to me soon... we are getting married soon..." 

They both blushed at the mention of the approaching wedding. 

"I-I'm sure they will... They just don't want me to get hurt." 

"I would never hurt you." [Y/N] said earnestly. He reached across the table and took Yanli's hand in his. "You are my world." 

Meeting his eyes, she smiled and he returned it. 

"Look at them... blushing and holding hands... gross..." Jiang Cheng glared, hand clenching his sword tightening and making his knuckles turn white. 

"Blushing!? Forget blushing! He's touching our Shijie like some peasant! He doesn't deserve-" 

"Alright that's enough from you two." 

They both froze as they slowly turned to see Madam Yu standing behind them with a dark aura. Zidian was sparking on her finger. 

"You two will stop trying to ruin A-Li's wedding or scare [Y/N] away right now!" 

They both flinched at her icy tone. 

"What was that?" [Y/N] turned to look over his shoulder but saw nothing. He had thought he had heard a loud noise or someone screaming. 

"Must be A-Xian and A-Cheng getting into another fight." Yanli said. 

"Maybe..." [Y/N] turned back around. "We could go into town and get some Gio or candies." 

"That would be lovely." Yanli beamed. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Gio - Popular type of snacks that are based on rice, usually steamed and made from both normal and glutinous rice.

▶ Shijie 🛐🛐

▶ Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng are very protective of their sister 

Completed : 6/28/2023