ouyang zizhen x reader 💌࿐

Modern Au 

Modern Au 

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Fluff

▶ Female reader

▶ I finally rewatched Howl's Moving Castle which got me onto a binging Studio Ghibli spree- OMG SPIRITED AWAY TOTALLY LIVES UP TO THE HYPE AND MORE 😭😭 so you can thank Studio Ghibli for this chapter lol 

▶ I WROTE HIM AGAIN AHHHH :0000

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I didn't know you could play the violin." [Y/N] smiled down from where she sat on the balcony railing. Ouyang Zizhen watched her nervously, afraid she might fall. 

"Oh ahaha..." He laughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck - a habit he had picked up when he was nervous. 'I'm full of surprises.' Is what he wanted to say but the words got caught in his throat. So instead he said, "Yeah.. I'm not very good though..." 

"Nonsense! You're amazing at it!" [Y/N]'s eyes sparkled as she complemented him like it was nothing. Zizhen blushed. "I-I'm really not..."

"But you are! I bet if you keep working at it you'll be an amazing violin player one day! I'd love to see you play again some day." She did a closed eye smile and Ouyang Zizhen flushed harder. He couldn't handle complements normally, but compliments from her were especially harder to take. 

"A-actually.. I don't want to play professionally." 

"Hm," [Y/N] hummed in confusion. "You don't? But you'd be so good!" 

Oyuang Zizhen smiled softly. "I'd like to make violins professionally, not play them." 

[Y/N] pouted. "Aw... You already know what you want to do..." She smiled. "Thats good. I'm sure you'll be able to become the best violin maker!" 

"What do you want to do [Y/N]?" Ouyang Zizhen asked, fiddling with his violin in his hands. He tried to ignore the way complements seemed to slip past the [H/C] haired girls lips like water. 

[Y/N] sighed and leaned a little closer to the edge. Zizhen was already nervous with her sitting on the railing, he couldn't help but inch closer to her. He set his violin down despite wanting to fiddle with it to help calm his nerves. He had to be ready just in case to catch her. 

"I don't know... Everyone already seems to have at least an idea of what they want to do when they're older and here I am with not a clue..." 

Ouyang Zizhen smiled shyly. "You don't always have to know what you want to do. I'm sure it'll come to you with time." He blushed. "I'm sure you'd be great at anything if you put your mind to it." 

[Y/N]'s cheeks warmed a little as she smiled shyly. "T-thank you... Zizhen..." She suddenly yelped as she lost her balance, falling backwards. She didn't want to look down at the sudden far away ground. 

Zizhen, who feared this might happened, was already right in front of her and quickly grabbed her out stretched arm and pulled her close to him. He carried her away from the edge. 

[Y/N]'s face was bright red, like an apple.

"Are you okay?" Ouyang Zizhen asked, very concerned. He gently set her down and checked to make sure she wasn't injured. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to grab you so suddenly but I was worried something like this might happen.." He rambled, blushing heavily. 

[Y/N]'s face was still red like an apple but she managed to smile and calm Ouyang Zizhen down a bit. "Thank you." 

"Huh?" The male blinked. 

"Thank you for saving me just then. I'm sure if you hadn't grabbed onto me so fast I would have been seriously injured or worse, dead." She smiled softly despite her heart pounding in her chest from her near death experience and her face burning from embarrassment. 

Ouyang Zizhen's blush deepened. "I-It was nothing... But I'm sorry for suddenly grabbing onto you like that... I-it was rude of-" 

"No." [Y/N] firmly shook her head, hand resting gently on his upper-arm. "You saved me. Don't apologize." 

Ouyang Zizhen smiled nervously, unsure what to do next. 

[Y/N] gently kissed him on the cheek. "I should be going now. My parents will be worried if I don't get home soon. Thank you again for saving me." She reluctantly let go of his arm and waved goodbye. 

Zizhen stood there for a good 10 minutes, blushing while his mind processed what had just happened before he yelled in happiness, smiling like a dork. He was glowing

[Y/N] heard his excited yells and shouts while she walked along side her bike. She smiled softly, blushing. Today hadn't been all bad. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ AH I WAS SUPPOSED TO FINISH THIS A LONG TIME AGO BUT MY MOTIVATION RAN OUT 

▶ Its raining which put me in a good mood :) 

▶ Wanna guess which Ghibli movie inspired this? 

Completed : 7/24/22