jiang cheng x wife!reader 🍇࿐

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Fluffffffffff

▶ Female reader

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"A-Cheng, welcome back," [Y/N] greeted warmly. She had been waiting on the pier for her husband to come back from an urgent summons. She had one of his cloaks wrapped around her shoulders to keep out the midnight chill. 

Jiang Cheng offered a rare smile. "I'm glad to be back." 

[Y/N] softly kissed his cheek, holding his hand. "A-Hui and I missed you." 

Someone coughed. 

[Y/N] looked over her husbands shoulder to see Lan Wangji, a familiar yet unfamiliar face, along with some Lan juniors and her nephew. She smiled.

"Wangji it's good to see you again," she greeted. Lan Wangji bowed his head, his sign of respect for the woman. She turned to the Jin. "A-Ling I didn't expect you to be back so soon." 

Jiang Cheng stepped aside and Jin Ling ran forward and awkwardly hugged is aunt. It was hard hugging her now since she was 7 months pregnant but he tried his best. 

"Ayi! What are you doing up?" 

[Y/N] laughed. "Of course you greet your aunt with a scolding. So much like your uncle!" 

Jin Ling flushed, embarrassed, but he didn't stop. "Ayi shouldn't be out of bed. You should be taking it easy." 

"A-Ling worries too much," [Y/N] chides. She booped his nose. 

She finally turned to the rest of the group. "Who is everyone else?" 

"Lan Sizhui, Madam Jiang." 

"Lan Jingyi!" 

"Ouyang Zizhen!" 

"They are all friends of A-Ling," Jiang Cheng whispered in her ear. [Y/N] nodded with a warm smile. 

"I'm glad A-Ling has such good and honorable friends by his side." 

"Ayiiiiii..." Jin Ling whined. He hadn't moved from his spot beside his aunt and looked like he was supporting her even. She wasn't leaning too heavily on him but it was a noticeable difference. 

"A-[Y/N] should be in bed. I told you not to wait up for me." Jiang Cheng narrowed his eyes at his warm. 

"And A-[Y/N] told you that I wouldn't listen to you." [Y/N] smiled, daring Jiang Cheng to say anything else. 

Jiang Cheng shut his mouth. He knew better than to test his very pregnant and very tired wife's patience. 

"Jiang Cheng- You- You married our Shimei?!" The familiar yet unfamiliar man blurted out, eyes round.