jiang cheng x child!reader 🍇࿐

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Fluff and baby amount of angst

▶ Female reader

▶ MC is Wei Wuxian's kid 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Jiang Cheng sat in the dark in the empty pavilion, an opened, almost gone, bottle of wine in front of him. He hadn't bothered to get a cup, choosing to drink it straight from the bottle like a certain someone he used to know... 

He stared up mournfully at the moon and twinkling night sky. Lotus Pier was almost fully complete, just a few more finishing touches and it would be done. Almost an exact copy of how it used to be... 

But it would never be the same. No matter how hard he tried to make everything just the same as it was, nothing could fix the way how everywhere he went it felt lonelier and quieter. He could hear the faint laughs of a time long forgotten. Two boys chasing each other around until they both tripped and fell into the lake. A caring older sister who would put a blanket over her younger brothers when they fell asleep while studying or her making them their favorite soup when they got sick or were feeling sad. Nothing could fix how every time he looked around he noticed how the walls seemed slightly off or how the steps seemed deeper than he remembered. 

Jiang Cheng took another long sip of his wine until it was all gone. Not a drop left. 

"Uncle..." 

He felt a small tug on his sleeve and looked down to see [Y/N] staring up at him in confusion. 

"[Y/N]... what are you doing up? Its past midnight." He hiccuped. The stupid brat looked too much like her father. 

"I couldn't sleep..." The child lied, puffing her chubby cheeks out. 

"Why not? Jin Ling is asleep." Like that would do anything. 

[Y/N] pouted. "Your sadness kept me up." 

"Sadness?" Jiang Cheng barked out a laugh and wished he had brought more wine. "You say dumb things just like your father." 

[Y/N] huffed and scrambled to sit on the bench with him. Jiang Cheng helped her a little but said nothing. "Don't talk about baba like that!" 

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes. 

"You care for baba too but you don't want to admit it." 

Jiang Cheng blinked in surprise, staring at the innocent looking face. She had the same face as Wei Wuxian except her eyes were a darker shade than his. She was both the stunning image of her father yet different enough that it hurt even more to look at her for long. He looked away. 

"I don't care for Wei Wuxian." He angrily threw his hand up, cheeks flushed either form anger or the alcohol. 

"You do! Thats why you're drinking! You're mourning." 

Jiang Cheng laughed bitterly. It was hollow and made both of them flinch. "Your so damn smart." He said sarcastically and rolled his eyes. "I can see how you're his child." 

[Y/N] smiled proudly.

"Your only... 4?" 

"5 and a half!" [Y/N] glared though it didn't do much. Jiang Cheng just felt he was trying to be intimidated by a cupcake. 

"Well, whatever. You're only 5 and your already spouting poetic bullshit. You must get that from your... mother..." Jiang Cheng grumbled, putting his head on the table. "Wei Wuxian was never much... for poetry..." 

[Y/N] was silent. Her mother was rarely brought up. No body knew how [Y/N] had come about and when Wei Wuxian was alive he wouldn't say a thing. He didn't even tell her what her moms name was. So she was left to guess and wonder if her mom was still alive or if she was dead or if she was alive but had given [Y/N] up to her father because she hadn't wanted her... 

[Y/N] shook her head, wanting to rid herself of those thoughts. She peeked over at her uncle again to see him dozing. The alcohol must have finally kicked in and he crashed. 

She hopped off the bench and ran off. [Y/N] came back a little bit later, blanket in hand, and saw that Jiang Cheng was still sleeping, even lightly snoring. She clumsily put the blanket over him and took the empty wine bottle. She glanced frantically around, wanting to now how to get rid of it before she just decided to throw it into the lake and hope she wouldn't get in trouble for it later. 

She climbed up and sat next to him, leaning into his warmth. It was quite chilly for a summer evening. [Y/N] grabbed his hand and held in her own little chubby one. 

[Y/N] doesn't remember falling asleep but when she woke up the next morning she was in her room, tucked into her bed, with the same blanket thrown over her. Jiang Cheng was no where in sight. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ JC just needed some comfort after he lost his siblings 

Completed : 7/3/2023