ouyang zizhen x short!strong!reader 💌࿐

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Fluff

▶ Male reader

▶ You can thank Buffbo for this chapter because he's inspired me as of late

▶ I FINALLY WROTE HIM AGAIN WOAHHH :000

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Hmmm I bet you [Y/N] can't pick you up." Lan Jingyi grinned. 

Ouyang Zizhen frowned. Did they not know? 

"Why would you bet something so stupid?" Jin Ling scowled. "Have you seen [Y/N]? He's so short." 

Ouyang Zizhen shrunk back, praying to Xie Lian that [Y/N] couldn't hear them or that he would never found out about this conversation... They would be so dead...

 "You shouldn't judge someone just based off their height," ah, the voice of reason. Lan Sizhui. 

"Whats wrong with it?" Jin Ling crossed his arms, glaring. 

"Well," Jingyi started. "Your shorter than us and you don't see us judging you based off your height." 

Ouyang Zizhen heard Sizhui cough loudly and he assumed the teen was hiding a laugh. Ouyang Zizhen coughed his mouth with hand, trying to hide his smile. 

Jin Ling sputtered and cursed the Lan out who was smirking rather smugly. 

'[Y/N] could fold you like a stick...' Zizhen thought silently. 'He beat you up so fast....' The thought made him snort and he quickly ducked his head, hoping no one heard. 

"Whats going on?" [Y/N]'s familiar cheerful and upbeat voice broke the fight up quicker than Wei Wuxian beat Wen Chao up. They all jumped. 

"[Y/N]!" Jingyi stuttered. "He-hey..." 

Jin Ling huffed, scowling. 

Sizhui gave him a polite smile. 

"Hey [Y/N]," Zizhen smiled, cheeks rosy. Sizhui looked at the teen in surprise before it turned knowing. 

"Hey," [Y/N] repeated, giving them a confused look. His lips twitched downwards. "Whats.. going on?" 

Jingyi coughed and elbowed Jin Ling hard in the side. He yelped and clutched his side, glaring at the Lan. They seemed to have a silent argument with just their eyes as everyone else watched silently as they jerked their heads or stared rather intently into each others eyes. 

"Do," [Y/N] broke the silence. "Do you think they're having a lovers quarrel?" 

Lan Jingyi and Jin Ling both glared one final time before turning back to the rest of the group. The air around everyone suddenly turned awkward. 

"We.. we bet Ouyang Zizhen that you... couldn't pick him up.." Jingyi coughed, avoiding the shorters eyes 

[Y/N] frowned. "Thats stupid,"

"I told you!" Jin Ling burst out. 

"I've done that plenty of times before. Why couldn't I do it again?" [Y/N] continued. 

.

.

.

"..what?" 

"Eh?" 

All three looked to the blushing Zizhen. 

"Is this true?" 

"Ye-yeah..." Zizhen stuttered. 

Without warning [Y/N] scooped Zizhen up with ease. Zizhen yelped and wrapped his arms around [Y/N]'s neck to stop himself from being dropped. 

"See? Easy

"See? Easy." [Y/N] shrugged. "I don't know why you'd want me to do this... Did you not know?" He looked to his lover. "Zi did you not tell them?" He looked a little hurt. 

Zizhen blushed. "Th-they never asked..." He gulped. "I'm sorry.." 

"Are you seeing this?!" Of course Jingyi had to ruin the moment. 

"Yes." Jin Ling deadpanned and Sizhui copied him. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ I think I'm going to go into a Zizhen brain rot- brb 

▶ I feel much more confident writing him this time around :D 

Completed : 6/14/2022