wei wuxian x reader 🥀࿐

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Fluff 💕💕

▶ Male reader

▶ Mentions and talk and description of past sh scars and other scars 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] carefully rolled up Wei Wuxian's sleeves to reveal the pale arms covered in scars. They were ugly (in Wei Wuxian's eyes at least) and crisscrossed over each other with some being much deeper than others; some were lighter and others were darker, much more fresh. But they were all healed. 

Wei Wuxian looked away, ashamed and just a little embarrassed. 

[Y/N] leaned down and kissed them. He tried to kiss them individually and when that failed, he just decided to kiss all over his boyfriend's arms, making sure to not leave a scar untouched. 

Wei Wuxian's face flushed the more [Y/N] kissed his scars until all his scars were kissed and felt well loved and Wei Wuxian was as red as an apple. 

"[Y/N]..." He whined. "Don't do such things! My-My heart can't handle it!" 

[Y/N] smiled mischievously. "Then I'm afraid you won't survive what I'm going to do next." 

"What- Do I even want to know?" 

[Y/N] let go of his arms and turned around. Wei Wuxian watched him curiously as he dug around looking for something before declaring triumphantly, "I found it!". 

He turned back around and held in his hands a brush and an inkstone. [Y/N] grinned. "This may get a little messy but just make sure to keep your sleeves pulled up and we should be okay. But you were black anyways so it shouldn't matter if I do accidentally get ink on them." 

Wei Wuxian pouted. "You make it should like black is a bad color." 

"It isn't for you but not many people wear black." [Y/N] gave him a pointed look, dipping his brush into the ink and pulling his own sleeves up. He wasn't wearing black and ink was rather difficult to get out. 

"Was that a compliment? Aiya! Just [Y/N] just give me a compliment?" 

"Shut up and hold still." He rolled his eyes, face turning pink. 

Wei Wuxian grinned at his reaction but his smile slowly dropped along with his jaw as he stared at [Y/N] who began drawing on his arms. The ink made him shiver a little, not expecting it to be so cold. 

He was drawing stars. Big and small, wonky and as close as to perfect as he could get. All over his arms and over his scars. 

Wei Wuxian watched in wonder as his arms slowly became filled with stars that [Y/N] was meticulously drawing on. 

He watched as [Y/N] worked, careful and gentle, until there was no more room and his arms looked like a child's masterpiece. And his face was burning bright red like someone had spilled red paint all over him. 

"Done~" [Y/N] sang, setting aside the brush and inkstone. "What do you think? I know they aren't perfect but I think they have their own little charm to them." 

Wei Wuxian stared at them for a long while, not really hearing what the man in front of him was rambling on about. He just stared at his pretty arms. He could no longer see the scars, [Y/N] had absolutely filled every single space and crevice available. Even the darker ones looked fainter than he had remembered. And he couldn't feel the pain that they had brought both in the moment and after. He could only feel the warmth of [Y/N]'s lips when he kissed them. The ink still had to dry but it would stick around for a while and he loved that thought. 

"And once those dry, if you want, I could get my paints out and paint flowers around any other scars you might have." 

Wei Wuxian looked up, [Y/N] was blurry- Was he crying? 

[Y/N] stared at him, startled. "Wei Ying?! W-why are you crying? Do you not like them? I'm sorry- I knew I should've asked-" 

"No-" He choked. "No... I love them... I love them so much... thank you [Y/N]..." Wei Wuxian smiled, letting the tears fall free. 

"Oh... Happy tears?" 

"Happy tears." 

[Y/N] smiled, grabbing Wei Wuxian's hand. 

When he saw the questioning look, he only smiled wider and said, "I just want to hold your hand." 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ It's canon that Wei Wuxian has depression right? Or at least it's hinted at right? Cause I know a lot of people write him doing sh and being suicidal (I mean he is a self-sacrificing dumbass so it counts right?) Also the whole Burial Mounds thing and then living there with the Wen remnants, he was heavily depressed- Okay basically where I'm going with this is that his old body might've had sh scars and so why would that not carry into his new body? 

▶ Headcanon - Wei Wuxian used to sh and when he was put in Mo Xuanyu's body he had seen the deep cuts that Mo Xuanyu had done during the ritual which set him off and caused him to relapse 

▶ An inkstone is traditional Chinese stationery. It is a stone mortar for the grinding and containment of ink 

▶ you drew stars around my scars <3 

Completed : 6/22/2023