jin ling x reader 🌻࿐ LATE BIRTHDAY SPECIAL

Happy birthday Jin Ling 🎉🎉

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Fluff 😌

▶ Female reader - I don't like females readers very much but they are the easiest to write

▶ His birthday was 11/21

▶ wlw 🤝 mlm

▶ I've decided that this will be more platonic than what I usually do

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Jin Ling?" [Y/N] muttered. She slowly sat up, looking around in a daze. She pulled some hair out of face and plucked the pieces of grass stuck to her face with a grimace. “Jin Ling?” She called out louder this time. [Y/N] fully sat up and looked around, rubbing her eye and trying to rid the sleep from it.

“Jin L-”

“Do you ever shut up?”

She looked up to see the Jin sitting in the branches above her. [Y/N] rolled her eyes and stood, brushing the grass off her clothes and the stray leaves from her hair. “Well excuse me for caring about you.”

Jin Ling scoffed. “Don't waste your time on such things.”

[Y/N] craned her neck to look up at him. “When did you get up there?”

“When you feel asleep on my lap like an idiot.” He rolled his eyes, leaning back while still keeping a tight grip on the tree branch he sat on. “I thought for sure you’d wake but no, you sleep like a log. So when I got free-”

“You make it sound like I'm some evil witch keeping you captive.” [Y/N] interrupted, crossing her arms in annoyance.

Jin Ling carried on like she hadn’t said anything, “I decided to climb this tree and wait for you to wake up.”

“Oh how kind of you.” [Y/N] muttered sarcastically. She stretched, yawning a little. That had been the best nap she had gotten in a while. She looked around to see that it was a little past noon. “Jin Ling,” she called again. “We should head back now.”

“Why?” Jin Ling grumbled. “I’m comfortable up here.”

“Because if we start walking back now we might make it before nighttime.”

“What? Are you scared of the dark?” He teased.

[Y/N] continued to stretch, but not before she shot him a glare. “No, I'm not. I'm only saying we should go now because you still have to get down and then we have to walk all the way back. I don't know if you noticed but we don't know the way back very well. We could hardly find this place in bright daylight, what makes you think we’ll not end up lost once it's dark?”

She could tell that Jin Ling knew she was right, he just wasn’t going to admit it. [Y/N] knew him well enough, just like he knew her well enough. They could practically read each other's thoughts at this point. It creeped their friends out sometimes and it was hilarious to both of them.

He sighed and slipped off the branch. “Catch me if you can!” He called, grinning mischievously.

[Y/N] yelped. “What the hell Jin Ling!” She ran over and caught the falling teen, which took them both to the ground. [Y/N] groaned, a Jin Ling sitting on top of her proudly. “I hate you…”

“You don't.” He smirked, glowing with arrogance. “Plus you promised to help me!”

“What? Woo Sizhui or Jingyi?” Even from her spot on the floor she could still see Jin Ling go bright pink. She snickered before wincing when Jin Ling elbowed her sharply.

“Shut up!”

“I don't even know why you asked me to help you, I don't even like men.” [Y/N] deadpanned.

“Well who else was I supposed to ask?! Jingyi and Sizhui?! They’re dense as hell!” Jin Ling crossed his arms. [Y/N] groaned again, not liking being used as a human chair. “You're also dense…” She muttered, luckily he didn't hear her.

“I’m only helping you because your mom was fine as hell.”

“Don't bring my mother into this!” Jin Ling hissed. His parents were still a sensitive topic but it had gotten better, especially with [Y/N] calling his mom hot every chance she got.

“Can you get off me? You're so heavy!” She complained.

Jin Ling got off of her immediately. "Oh shut up. Let's just start heading back."

“Finally!” [Y/N] dramatically got up and brushed herself off. “Look at what you did to my clothes! They're covered in dirt!”

“I can just buy you more.” Jin Ling muttered, already walking away.

[Y/N] scrambled to keep up, eyes shining. “You can be my sugar daddy!”

Jin Ling grimaced and glared at her. “Ew no! Don't ever say that again!”

[Y/N] snickered at his reaction. “Why not?” She blinked innocently.

“You like girls!”

“True.. that's some good reasoning. Maybe I'll find myself a sugar mommy instead.”

“Please don't ever say those words again…” Jin Ling stuck his tongue out in disgust. “You already use my money like it's yours.”

[Y/N] smiled innocently. "You have so much!"

“Just shut up.” Jin Ling grumbled, embarrassed. “Let's get back…”

[Y/N]’s smile softened as she walked beside the oddly quiet Jin. “Happy birthday Jin Ling… I know you don't really like to celebrate.”

Jin Ling’s eyes widened. He looked over at his best friend only to see that her eyes were focused ahead of them. He knew he hadn’t misheard her though.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ I think that Jin Ling doesn’t really like to celebrate his birthday because it's another year without his parents

▶This is different from my other oneshots because I’ve tried something different, going the more ‘lesbian and gay besties helping each other out’ route.

▶ This took so long because I had no idea what to write but then I looked to Ranpo’s and Yosano’s friendship and decided that, that was what I was going to do

▶ Another reason this took so long is because I kept forgetting to post it

Completed : 11/25/2022