lan wangji x reader ❄️࿐ LATE BIRTHDAY SPECIAL

Happy birthday Lan Zhan 🥰

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Fluff :D

▶ Female reader

▶ His birthday was 1/23

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

“Darling~” [Y/N] cooed. She came up from behind the Lan and jumped up, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Lan Wangji leaned forward, caught off guard from the sudden weight on his back.

[Y/N] kissed his cheek and hugged him tighter. “It's your birthday! Happy birthday, you're one day closer to death!”

Lan Wangji’s sweat dropped at her cheerfulness. Does she want him to die?

[Y/N] let go and spun around so she was facing him. She grabbed his hands gently and pulled him closer, with some struggle (Lan Wangji let himself be pulled forward). “What do you want to do today? Of course you have to celebrate with your family and I think Wei Wuxian wanted to do something along with Jiang Cheng, Wen Ning, and the juniors…” She rambled on about what they could do with so many things planned today. Lan Wangji simply watched quietly with such a love sick look in his eyes it could rot someone's teeth away within seconds.

Any outsider could clearly see that the two were deeply in love with each other. They hadn’t announced it yet but everyone could already tell. The soft touches, the stolen glances, cute pet names, affectionate kisses on the cheek, and all the heart touching hugs.

“Bǎo bèi?” [Y/N]'s voice made Wangji snap out of his trance. He looked down at her to see her looking up with slight concern. "Are you alright?"

"Mn."

[Y/N]'s lips twitched up into a smile. She brought one of his hands closer to her mouth and kissed it softly. Wangji’s ears immediately turned scarlet. “We don’t have to do anything special if you don't want to, I know that today will be very busy and I bet you’ll be drained tonight.”

Wangji blinked. [Y/N] seemed to surprise him everyday. He hadn’t really expected her to be okay with not doing anything. It was his birthday. He thought that she would want to do something special with him or give him something amazing. This train of thought made him realize that he hadn’t really appreciated the small things in life.

“..braid my hair.”

“Hm?”

“Braid my hair.” Wangji repeated and offered her a rare smile.

[Y/N]'s smile immediately brightened. “Sure!”

Wangji was tugged along as [Y/N] dragged him along. They walked for a long while until they came to a nice sunny clearing. It was nearing the afternoon and had warmed up quite a bit considering it was still winter. The morning chill had gone down a bit but you could still feel the nip of cold on your cheeks and nose. (I get cold so easily it isn’t even funny-)

They sat in a spot that didn’t have the remains of snow and [Y/N] got to work. She took out his ponytail in one motion and began to brush her fingers through his long silky hair.

“I’m jealous that your hair can always be this soft and elegant.” [Y/N] hummed, brushing slowly through each section with her fingers. “Mine always ends up looking like a rat's nest by the end of the day and is always such a pain to brush… It's like it has a mind of its own. It's really not fair.” She pouted.

Wangji couldn't see her pout but he could hear it in her tone of voice. Her pout was adorable. He found that everything about her was adorable.

[Y/N] hummed a soft tune under her breath as she continued to brush through his long hair. When she finally finished that, she sectioned his hair into three sections and began to weave them together like fine silk.

Wangji relaxed against her gentle touch as his body turned into jello and his mind became hazy and dazed. It had been a long time since they had a moment together like this. One where they could truly relax and [Y/N] could do his hair. It didn’t always turn out great but Wangji loved it all the same.

[Y/N] pulled out some flowers she had stowed away in her robes that she had been meaning to give to Lan Wangji as his birthday gift but had forgotten about them until now, too caught up in the moment and Wangji’s striking golden eyes. They reminded her of a sunset or a pretty golden flower that had blossomed just after a rainfall. [Y/N] carefully braided them into his hair, smiling at her handiwork and just how good it had actually turned out. She wished she could freeze the moment and store it away in her memory forever.

“Happy birthday Love.” [Y/N] smiled softly and hugged Lan Wangji from behind, tightly wrapping her arms around him. She pressed a gentle kiss to his cheek.

Wangji’s ears turned scarlet.

It was such a pretty color.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Bǎo bèi - treasure or precious thing but is the closest thing to baby or sweetie in English

▶ Ignore I forgot to post this lol-

▶ Pet names are my thing 🥰

Completed : 1/23/2023