nie huaisang x servant!reader 🌿࿐

▶ Requested by - @Asechel

▶ Fluff and angsttt :D 

▶ Gender neutral reader 

▶ MC is Huaisang's personal servant and acts like a bodyguard of sorts 

[N/N] = Nickname 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Here is your tea Clan Leader Nie." [Y/N] announced, walking in with a tray full of cups and tea. They set it down on the table while Nie Huaisang continued to fumble over the piles of paperwork he had yet to complete. 

"Th-thank you [N/N]!" He stuttered, lap full of papers. "And you know you can call me Huaisang when its just us." 

[Y/N] shook their head. "Its informal and not right for me to do so." 

Huaisang sighed quietly and continued trying to work, occasionally glancing up to look at them as they poured the tea and set the cups on the table gently. They avoided spilling tea on the paperwork skillfully. "If thats all, I will take my leave." They bowed politely and left. 

Nie Huaisang frowned. The [H/C] haired servant had been acting a lot more distant lately and he didn't like it. He wanted them to go back to when they were kids again. When they would spend hours in his room or in the garden just doing nothing. He enjoyed when they would watch the birds or play with the flowers in the garden during the day or star gaze and share secrets under the drunken moonlight. He liked when they use to sit in his room, giggling and painting fans or drawing something that didn't look anything how they had wanted it to be. He missed the old days.. when his brother was still alive.. 

"[Y/N]..." The Nie frowned. "What happened?" 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] was in deep, deep trouble. Their mother had warned them about this. In fact, their mother had warned them so many times ever since they were young that was the only thing they remembered their mother by. 

'You are here to serve, not marry.' 

Expect... They had fallen in love.. They had done exactly what not to do. And the person who they had fallen in love with was none other than Nie Huaisang himself. The Clan Leader. The Clan Leader.... [Y/N] had fallen in love with the person they were meant to serve.. Their childhood friend... Were they even friends? Sure they had grown up with each other but that was only because they had been assigned to serve him as they grew older. 

'Oh Xie Lian... what have I done? Mother would be so disappointed.. and it just had to be a Clan Leader no less...' [Y/N] screamed silently, gripping their [H/C] hair with their [S/C] fingers. And they knew Huaisang knew something was up - which didn't help. 

[Y/N] sighed and slowly start to count to ten, breathing in slowly before breathing out slowly and repeating it a couple of times before they finally felt themselves relax a little. 'It'll be okay... I just have to keep my distance like I've been doing... It'll be okay...' 

They knew that this plan wouldn't last for long if Huaisang had anything to say about it but they couldn't really find themself to care much. They would enjoy the plan working for as long as they could. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"A-[Y/N]... Are you okay?" 

[Y/N] jumped and spun around to see Nie Huaisang standing there awkwardly, fan in hand, staring at them with deep concern. 

"A-Ah Cl-Clan LEader Nie!" They stuttered, trying to bow to him. Huaisang stopped them, gently grabbing their wrist. "[Y/N]..." He frowned. "Whats wrong with you? You haven't been acting like yourself lately and its worrying me... Please talk to me..." 

[Y/N] hesitated, staying into his eyes. It almost felt like before. When Nie Mingjue was still alive. Back when things were fine and happy. They gulped, trying to prepare themselves for what might happen next. 

"I-I -The truth is ihavefeelingsforyoubutitswrongbecauseyouraclanleaderandimjustyourservantsowecantbetogether! I'm sorry!" They rushed out, deeply embarrassed. They wished the Nie would release their wrist so they could run away out of shame and embarrassment. 

Nie Huaisang blinked slowly, trying to understand what his bodyguard and best friend had just said. (He also wondered how they could have said so much in just one breath...) 

"..what..." Was all he could get out.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Hah I started this so long ago and never did finish it... oops... 

▶ CLIFFHANGER HAHAHA (do you want a part 2? I might write one...😉) 

▶ OH! I finally remembered where the 'You are here to serve, not marry' came from lmao Its from a 'Dune' fanfiction I read a while ago and I liked the idea 

▶ Hope you enjoy it <3 I'm not very proud of this one but I still hope you'll like it 

Completed : 7/ 25(6)/ 2022