jin ling x mother figure!reader 🌻࿐

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Fluff 

▶ Female reader 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"When were you going to tell me that you and your uncle had a fight?" 

Jin Ling's eyes widened as he looked up from his paperwork only to be flicked right between his eyes. 

"Ack- Ayi?! What was that for?" 

"How many times have I told you to control your expressions? That just gave me all the answers I needed." 

Jin Ling huffed and glared at her. "You didn't need to flick me!" 

"How else will you learn?" [Y/N] pinched her nose before sighing and taking a seat. "What did the two of you fight about this time?" 

Jin Ling avoided her eyes, focusing back on his paperwork. "...Dajiu..." 

"Wei Wuxian?" [Y/N] blinked in surprise. "Actually I'm not surprised. Everyone seems to be getting into fights and who's the main reasons? Wei Wuxian." 

"Don't dis my uncle," Jin Ling snapped. Ever since he and Wei Wuxian had made up, Jin Ling would immediately come to the defense of his uncle. 

"I'm not dissing your other uncle Jin Ling," [Y/N] chided lightly. "I'm simply observing. There is a difference." 

[Y/N] was much older than both his uncles and his mother, if she was still alive, but it was hardly noticeable. She didn't look a day over 30 except for the few grey strands that would peek out. [Y/N] wasn't very good with a sword but he had seen her polishing some wicked looking daggers before; yet could never seem to find where she might hide them on her person. She was also very wise and happily gave him pointers on how he should do something and a crash course in politics and was very fair when put with the rest of the council even if he noticed she didn't practically agree with whatever it was. 

"Why are you here Ayi?" 

"Clan Leader Jin is already so eager to kick me out," she mused. "I suppose I must go, if he insists." 

"Thats not what I meant!" Jin Ling said, a little too quickly. 

[Y/N] quirked a brow at him but said nothing about it and stayed seated. She folded her hands in her lap. "Besides your little spat with your uncle, I came here to ask if you wanted to visit Qinghe with me." 

"Qinghe? Why there of all places?"

[Y/N] smiled. "Clan Leader Nie has told me of this wonderful teahouse that has the most delicious Tashi cakes!" 

It was also a known fact that [Y/N] loved her Tashi cakes. Some of Jin Ling's earliest memories at Koi Tower were [Y/N] playing and taking care of him and also her giving him some of her precious Tashi cakes. He had grown to love them but only ate them around [Y/N] or when he was really desperate. They were one of his comfort foods. 

People have tried to bribe her in the past with Tashi cakes but she always, always turned them down before going and making her own. 

Jin Ling glanced up and smiled shyly. "I could arrange something... I need a break anyway." 

[Y/N] patted his head affectionately, eyes crinkling from how widely she was smiling. "A break is always a good thing, especially when you're working overtime." 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ According to historical records, there are traces of a version of mooncakes called 'Taishi cakes' more than 3000 years ago in the Shang and Zhou dynasties (17th Century BC - 256 BC).

▶ Idk if my eyes crinkle so much because I'm blind as a bat or because of my almond eye shape (that small percent of Asian (I think it might be filipino) is working overtime lmao)

Completed : 10/2/2023