Can't See

Arthur Leywin

I was sitting in my office, I had just finished class, and was using my relic to observe my sister. I could see that she was now a Vritra, and the fact that she was always around the Lances made me think they made her a Lance as well, something I don't like, but if she is a full-blooded Asura now, she may be stronger than the Lances.

For the first time in two months, I could see Virion, my little brother, with her. My family was sitting around a table with Lance Aya, just talking, I was afraid that Veer would have done something super stupid by now without me there.

I wasn't able to see him whenever I thought about him using the relic, but I figured it was because he had clones running around, and it was messing with the relic's view on the world. I also used the relic to observe Tessia at times, but it was more for my family, even though I miss the girl that I was in love with.

I don't know what is going on in Dicathen, or in Alacrya, all I know is that Tessia is alive still, so things must be going Veer's way. I listened to him, I met Caera in the relictombs, and ever since, I've trusted her, and it has been worth it. She is a good companion, and I couldn't have done some of the things I did without her, even though I was a full-blooded Dragon now, and I created an aether core, just like he said.

'Hey, it wasn't Caera that got you threw the relictombs.' Regis chimed in, listening to my thoughts as I sat here, watching my family have a good time, well, more of a happy time for a little I would say.

'I know, Regis.'

'You know, I can't wait to meet your crazy ass brother, he seems like a pleasure to be around.' Regis told me, and I nodded my head, sitting up at my desk and placing the relic down. 'Oh, are you done stalking your family?'

'Huuh.' I rolled my eyes as I crossed my legs, running a hand through my wheat colored hair that I got from Sylvie's blood, my bond that was killed by Dragoth. 'I've been away from them for too long, I will do what I must to get strong enough to protect them.'

'From what I know, you already are.'

'Well, that could be true, but you know what Veer told us, actually, you weren't born yet, me.' I said, knowing exactly what I was building myself up for. 'We are going to kill Cadell, I would kill both Dragoth and Cadell, but I don't think that'll happen after I take out Cadell.' I knew Veer fought them both, but they survived, and Veer survived, so that was okay, as long as they didn't kill him.

'I still don't understand this whole Victoriad thing.' Regis said, I could feel his confusion within my mind. 'I know they want to replace the Retainers your brother killed, and the one your killed, but why are they making the children fight, that seems a little weird to me.'

'What about Alacyra hasn't been weird? They do pretty much everything a little different from us.' I told my bond, and he nodded his head within me. 'But I get what you are saying, but I was doing things just like this in my old world.' I could hear the door to my classroom open.

'Yeah, children fighting for glory, that's not wrong at all.' Regis said, and as he spoke, I stood up from my seat, grabbed the relic and stored it in my rune.

I started toward my door, and as I opened it, across my classroom stood Caera in a blue suit school outfit. "Sorry, class is over, you can come tomorrow if you want some lessons." I told her, then reentered my office, closing the door.

"Really?!" Caera shouted, and I knew from that response that she was coming over. I just sat back down in my seat, waiting for her to open the door, and as she did, I could see that she was glaring at me. "Grey, I don't appreciate being looked at as a student."