Announcement

We were sitting in the council room; we had just talked about a few things that could happen in the near future. Damon was silent for most of it, but when he had something to say, everyone went silent and listened, even Commander Virion. I was sitting beside him, waiting for the people outside to be ready as they gathered around a small podium Damon conjured for him to speak at.

It shouldn't really be a long speech since the people are going to be the ones speaking their minds, letting everyone know what they wanted to do. Do they want to be slaves, or do they want to fight? Damon was beside me; Commander Virion was by the door getting ready to speak, the Kings and Queens were outside talking to the people as they gathered.

"Uhhh." Damon stood up in his seat, looked at the Commander, then at me. "Let's go, it should be Commander Virion who comes out last." I stood up as well, giving him a head nod, and the two of us started toward the door. "Good luck, but I don't think you will need it."

"Thanks." Commander Virion said to him, and the two of us left the council room, and out into the open where everyone was, the eight thousand people within the bunker all here.

"El." My mother said, and to our right, against the council building was my family in the front row, standing with Aya. "Damon, Ellie, is everything ready?" Damon and I stood with our family as the people whispered to one another.

"Yes." I answered, Damon was silent, standing a little further away from everyone. "Isn't that right, Damon?" I asked, trying to make him feel included, obviously it's weird for everyone having him here.

"Yeah, everything should be ready to go." Damon said, giving our family a smile. "It should be interesting to see what everyone says." My father was on Damon's other side, and he was nodding his head, then turned to me.

"Ellie, I told Boo to stay at the house, I didn't want him here with the people all around." My father told him as we stood there. "He wasn't exactly happy with that, but I think he will get over it."

"He will." I said with a smile. "He's been there the entire day though; I'll take him for a walk tomorrow at some point." I feel like I owe him that, he's been there the entire day, but it was for a good reason, he takes up a lot of space.

The door to the council room building opened and Commander Virion came walking out, stepping onto the podium, silencing the people nearby, and then eventually everyone else. He had the entire bunker's attention at the moment, all eyes were on him, as he looked around.

"I know most of you might know what this announcement is about, but before I make it, I want you all to keep an open mind, think before you say anything, think about the consequences, think about it all." He paused for a second, letting that sink into everyone's mind, then went on. "This announcement will affect every single one of you, so I wanted to make it clear to think before acting, because what I am about to tell you all, it's something I can't decide for you, we have to do it together."

"The asuras have given us a choice, and it is not one we can take lightly." Damon was looking around at the people as he spoke, and when I looked around, I could see what he was seeing, there was a little panic in their eyes for some reason, maybe because Commander Virion is talking so seriously. "We were given an artifact that can turn every single person in here into a white core."

"What?!" The people exclaimed, and they started whispering to one another. "We can all be white cores?!"

"Silence!" Bairon shouted from beside the podium, and the people immediately listened.

"But it has a cost, if you activate the artifact, and use it on yourself, you will become a slave to the Asuras, unable to disobey an order." Commander Virion told them all, this should be where they realize it's a bad idea. "Or we can decline their offer, and possibly go to war with them."