Back to the Estates

"Everyone, this is my pal, Cylrit." I stepped forward in between them. "Cylrit, it's good to see you." I told him, then sent a mental transmission to Hades. 'You think I should destroy this weak Olfred clone?'

'Yes.' Hades said, and when Cylrit went to speak, I waved my hand, dissolving the Olfred clone into a puddle of blood.

"Leywins, welcome." Cylrit said, calming my family down. "I am happy to meet you all, my name is Retainer Cylrit, which I am sure, Virion has already told you." I nodded, then backed away, allowing my family to face him without me there in the way.

"I-it is nice to meet you." My father said, he was speaking with a scared tone, but that is to be expected, over the last couple of years all they were told was that Retainers and Scythes are the worst possible beings in the world. "I'm sorry, if we offended you."

"It's fine, Mr. Leywin." Cylrit said, then went on. "You must be Mrs. Leywin, it's nice to meet you." Cylrit gave her a head nod, I looked to my mother, she looked to me, then back to Cylrit.

"It's nice to meet you too, Retainer Cylrit." My mother said, a little more clearly than my father did, but to my surprise, when Cylrit turned to my sister, she stepped up in front of Boo's head and spoke first.

"I am Eleanor Leywin, and this is my bond Boo, it's nice to meet you Retainer Cylrit." I was taken aback by this; she didn't know yet what I had planned for her.

"It's nice to meet you Eleanor, Boo." Cylrit said, then turned to me. "Are we all good to go?" I nodded my head and looked at my family, they were scared, but they nodded as well, confirming that we were ready to head to Alacrya with Cylrit. "Good, Scythe Seris is waiting for us."

Cylrit turned to the back of the wall and a blue portal was activated when he switched it on. "Veer, I hope this is safe." My mother said, walking up to me and grabbing both my shoulders as she stood behind me.

"It is." I assured her, and Cylrit stepped into the portal. "Come on, I'll lead the way for you." I started to the portal with my mother grabbing hold of my shoulders, and when I entered it, my eyes were met with flashing lights, forcing me to close them slightly.

When I reopened them, we were in Seris's teleportation room outside her estates, and in front of me, was Cylrit and Seris. "Welcome, Leywins." Seris said with open arms, speaking very calmly like she always did, her aura not there at all, which made it easier for my family to be in her presence. "It's lovely to finally meet Virion's family."

I stopped there, my mother's grip tightening on my shoulders, Boo and Ellie to my left looked slightly afraid, and my father to my right, gulped at the sight. "Seris, it's been like two weeks since I left, right?"

"Yes." She said, examining me, looking for something, but I just stared at her emotionlessly. "Virion, you are being rude, introduce me to your family." She waved her hands towards the people around me.

"This is my father, my mother, my sister Ellie, and her bond Boo." I said with an annoyed tone. "Everyone, this is Scythe Seris, the one who will be protecting us from everything going on for the time being." I didn't know if Scythe Seris wanted them to bow to her, so I didn't say anything, I figured she didn't care.

"Scythe Seris, we thank you for your hospitality." My father was looking at the ground, everyone was, Seris smirked at me, knowing exactly what I was thinking. "I am grateful that you willing to train my son."

"Rey, correct?" Seris asked, and my father nodded, still afraid. "Alice, Ellie?" They both nodded, I just stood there and waited for these introductions to end. "Listen, there is no need to fear Cylrit or me, I understand we have been at war for a while, but we are on your side, I want you all to be comfortable around us."