Hell Zone Pt. II

I stepped forcefully onto the ground, and had the stones beneath us grow, raising us into the air about twenty yards, the platform I made out of the stones was about seven by seven yards. "There we go, all safe now." I shrugged, turning around to face Fenyir as she continued to hold my shirt, her eyes were also wide as they met my gaze. "What? Isn't this a good idea?"

I looked away from here and towards the ground around us, the skeletons circled us, but couldn't get up here, they just ran into the stones. "No, it's a great idea." Fenyir said, still holding onto my shirt, gettin closer to me though. "It's just, it's just, well, remember when I said my biggest fear was Agrona, another thing that frightens me is heights."

"Jeez." I said, placing my hand on her hip. "Just cling onto me, it'll be fine, I can fly." I assured her, letting her hold onto me tighter as we stood near the center of the platform I had made. "I didn't feel like fight skeletons, it sounded too boring to me." The skeletons beneath us were really loud, so I conjured a sound barrier to block out their noise.

'They aren't even coming after me.' Hades thought to me. 'I'm going to continue searching for the teleportation gate.' I sent him a mental nod as I basically held Fenyir in my arm as she wrapped herself around me.

"Sorry, I just, I just have to get used to this." She said, her grip on my shirt getting tighter, and pinching my skin, but it didn't hurt, which was good. "I'm going to bury my head into your shoulder if that's okay with you." Fenyir wrapped both arms around my waist, then buried her head into my shoulder like she said she was going to do, not giving me a say in all of it.

"Alright." I said, keeping one arm around her waist area, my cloak was so soft, I want it back from her. "I didn't know that a mighty maid like yourself could be afraid of heights like this." I spoke jokingly, not trying to mock her or anything, but if I could distract her a little, it'll be a good thing.

"Shut up, it's not like I can fly like you." She responded. "If I could, then of course I wouldn't be afraid of them, but I can't, so the fear of falling to my death is there." I chuckled to myself a little, and I felt one of her hands dig into my back. "Hey! Don't make fun of me for this!"

"Sorry, I won't." I assured her, I guess I should try to distract her as we avoided this horde, or army, whatever it's called. "Fenyir, you know, I am twelve years old, and you are clinging on to me like I am your savior."

"Haha." She laughed weirdly. "You might be twelve, but you are no normal twelve year old, we both know that." Fenyir paused, her head still buried in me. "You also have the body and mindset of a twenty year old, let's not forget that."

"I'm still short though." I answered, Fenyir and I were basically the same height, I was a little taller, but still, we were close. "I understand what you are saying though, I'm just trying to distract you, that is all."

"Keep going." She said, her body was literally shaking, jeez, she was a pussy. "It's working, keep talking to me, it doesn't matter what it's about, just keep talking." I raised my hand, placing it on the back of her head, trying to make her feel more comfortable as I thought about what I should say next.

"Umm, Fenyir, I am honestly a little confused, I thought you were this badass chick, that was attractive, but it appears you aren't as badass as I thought." I said with a joking tone, trying to get her to laugh a little. "I didn't know anyone could have a fear of heights in this world."

"What? In this world?" She asked, then shook her head as it rested against me. "Wait, did you just call me attractive?" I laughed a little, knowing that I just messed up twice without even knowing.

"You are, I won't deny that I said it." I told her, not really caring, I had zero feeling for this person, I was trying to be nice, I didn't want to make her mad like I did in the last room, or have Hades question me either. "Just don't take it personal, I'm sure most guys find you attractive, well, the ones that see you that is, I don't know your personal life outside Seris's mansion."