I am Powerful

Eleanor Leywin

I stood across from Cylrit on the training field, on the side, watching us, was my parents, Veer, and Scythe Seris. I didn't have a weapon or anything, but I had black mist circling me, and I was ready to go, ready to fight Cylrit.

He was holding his sword in front of him, the sword was able to absorb attacks, I learned that the first time we sparred, but that was a while ago, I've picked up a few tricks. I turned to where everyone was, they all were watching with curiosity, Veer was sitting there nonchalantly of course, but he was always like that.

"Ellie, are you ready?" Cylrit said, getting into a battle stance.

I lifted up my hand, pointing it at him, Scythe Seris and I decided that a bow wasn't needed, I didn't need to change my fighting style, I could still stay at a distance with Seris's magic. I could feel the mana coming towards me as I started to form a spell, I allowed the mist to float around me still like a shield, I was good with it, Seris told me that if someone inhaled it, I could have it detonate inside of them, which was quite scary to hear to be honest.

"I'm ready." I said, and Cylrit vanished before me, appearing by my side, within the mist, swinging his sword at my head. I shot the mana beam which was pure light at him out of instinct, making him back up before he could finish his attack.

The light went flying past him, I started detonating the mist when I could, they said that I should try to go all out and use all my power, so that was what I was doing. Cylrit backed up, dodging the mist as it exploded, then shot at me through the mist, swinging his sword at my chest.

I have to say, before, when I watched Cylrit fight, I could barely keep up with his movements, but now, I could sense all his movements, I guess this was a perk of being a Vritra. I dodged the blade, backing up, I conjured a mana arrow in front of me, shot it at Cyrlit, and as it got closer to him, his sword absorbed it.

He kept at me, ignoring the mist around him as I had it detonate, but he was able to avoid it each time, I dodged the blade again, then when he sent another attack, I formed a mana barrier, letting his sword collide with it, then sent a beam of light at his chest.

Cylrit pulled his blade in front of him, stopping his approach on me, allowing it to take the force of my attack, and absorb my spell. I conjured a mana arrow in front of me, shot it at him, then broke the spell up, forming more and more mana arrows as they went toward Cylrit, dancing in the air as he tried to keep track of them.

The arrows started to circle him, moving in the air above him, I stood there, manipulating them as his attention was focused on the arrows. He brought his sword down as the first arrow came at him, absorbing it, then spun, absorbed another, then rolled under another as I sent more and more at him.

I formed a beam of light in front of me, adding it to the spells heading his way, hoping to catch the Retainer off guard. I released the spell at him as it formed, he dodged the last arrow, snapping his head towards me as the beam collided with his chest, sending him flying away from me, but it looked like he was able to absorb some of it just in time.

He landed on his feet about twenty yards from me, a clear spot was on his chest where my spell hit him at, but it seemed like he was fine, at least to my eyes, his armor was still on, however, it was damaged, not too badly.

"Nice." He said, giving me a head nod, then shooting at me once again, I had a mana barrier form in front of me, about five yards out, blocking his approaching. Cylrit slammed his sword into it, but it didn't shatter, and then I pushed the cursed mist towards him, having it extend past the shield and around him.