Should I say?

Jasmine Flamesworth

It was dark out, I was keeping watch while everyone slept, we were outside of Blackbend, in a forest, moving on to another sight where we could help. It was good to hear that Veer was okay, and in the castle again, Helen told us she had seen him.

I heard some of the bushes move, and I stood up from the log I was sitting on, holding my dagger towards the noise, ready to strike down whoever was there. "Jeez, seems like someone is a little trigger happy." I heard the voice of the child I was just thinking about.

"Veer?" I said questioningly, and I saw the boy step out from the bushes, and into the one lighting artifact we had. "You finally show yourself; you know spying on us is pretty creepy."

"And yet, it makes sure you are okay." Veer said sarcastically, making his way over to the log next to me as I sat back down. "How are you, Jasmine? I know I've been watching, but I don't get to speak with you."

"Tired." I told him honestly. "I am tired of everything."

"Haha." Veer laughed like he usually does. "I know it's late, but I need to speak to my parents tomorrow morning, and I saw you sitting here alone, and really need to talk to someone."

"And what? I am that someone, because I am alone?" I spoke with a light tone, trying to make it sound like a joke, and it worked, Veer and I laughed a little. "Haha."

"No, I was waiting until it was just you." Veer admitted. "Truth to be told, Jasmine, some shit has gone down, and to be honest, I am the only one who knows, and I need help, I can't ask Arthur, and I can't ask Sylvie, I am turning to you."

"Is it serious?" I asked, he seemed somewhat serious, more than he usually is.

"Ehh, yeah." He bobbed his head, thinking about whatever he wanted to tell me. "Jasmine, I need to know though, if I tell you something, and ask for your help, I need you to keep it to yourself and go with it."

"If I can help you, I'll try." I assured him, but then asked. "I don't understand, what is so serious that you can't talk to Arthur and Sylvie about it." His eyes widened as he looked away, somewhat like he knew something, but didn't say it out loud.

"Jasmine, it's very, very, serious, and to be honest, I don't really know how I will get out of it, but I am figuring it out." Veer put his hands near the fire. "You know, I am a clone, and yet, these types of things still make me happy."

"Veer, before you say anything else, how have you been?" I asked the child, the child that has been winning countless battles for our continent. "I want to make sure that you are doing okay."

"I figured." He responded. "But that kind of goes with what I want to talk to you about, depending on how you take it, I am not doing so well, I mean, I might be doing well, I'm not completely sure anymore." He lost me, was he doing good, or was he doing bad.

"What? If you are speaking in that way, I'll say that whatever situation you got yourself into, is not good, Veer." I spoke honestly to him, trying to get him to open up a little. "I don't know if I can help you or not, but I will try."

"See, that's it, you can help me, you just might not like the idea." Veer told me, and I looked at him confused. "Jasmine, I need you to leave the Twin Horns." My mouth fell open, and he continued to talk. "I know, I told you that the idea wasn't going to be your favorite."

"I can't leave the Twin Horns, Veer, what are trying to ask me?" I watched as he kicked a rock while he sat, then he turned towards his parents' tent, then back to me, giving me a look of sorrow.

"Jasmine, the real me, and this stay between us, otherwise, we are going to be in deep shit, because everyone will panic, okay?" He asked me once again, what was wrong with the real him?