Cute Interruption - Mihyun

Thank y'all for the 300k reads on this book i really appreciate it so here's the update to celebrate💜.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun comes home from the law firm, hanging up her suit jacket, to the sound of little feet pitter-pattering their way towards her with slightly larger feet close behind. Suddenly, she is nudged backwards as her gap-toothed, her 5-year-old daughter Kazuha bumps into her legs after running at, what appears to be, full speed out of the living room.

She blinks a few times before gazing up at the tower that blocked her path. “Mama!” she shouts with a smile that quickly disappears as she hides behind her legs, now pushing her forward. “Woah! Hey baby,” Dahyun replies with a smile that matches Kazuha's. “Where’s your other momm-” Dahyun gets stopped short as a larger figure runs into her, causing them all to stumble and fall. “Right here,” Mina says after lifting her head off of Dahyun's chest.

It’s apparent that Dahyun isn’t the only one who had a long week with one glance at Mina. She’s in the old shirt of Dahyun's that Kazuha spit up on when she was an infant, her hair is in bun, and she’s panting, presumably from chasing Kazuha through the house.

Speak of the devil, Kazuha rises from the heap of bodies and takes off down the hallway, leaving the two adults in her dust.

“Looks like we each could use some vacation time,” Dahyun chuckled as she helped Mina to her feet and kissed her better half. “It would certainly be well deserved,” she replied. “What’s her problem this time?” Dahyun asked. “Doesn’t seem to want to go to bed,” Mina says. “I see,” Dahyun continues in an accent fit for a King, “Dost thou requesteth the assistance of The Bedtime Master?” Mina sighs with a smile at her wife’s idea of humor, “..Tis true.” “Then so be-ith it.”

Dahyun follows Kazuha's path of destruction to find her in her toy room acting out a scene from Barbie with her barbie toys. She looks up when she enters and smiles. “Mama!” Kazuha shrieks as she runs to her with her arms outstretched. Dahyun lifts her into her arms so she can properly hug her. “Mommy wants me to go to bed. Stop her, Mama, stop her!” Dahyun chuckles, “She’s not the only one, baby.” Kazuha gasps, “Traitor!” and squirms within Dahyun's grasp as she carries her to her bedroom. “Just think, baby. The sooner you go to sleep, the sooner you’ll wake up and have all of Saturday to play with your toys.” Kazuha yawns. “I want to play now!”

“But tomorrow it’ll be sunny which means you can play with them outside,” the lawyer reasons. Kazuha's face lights up. “Really?”

“Only if you go to bed.” her jaw drops as she struggles harder in Dahyun's arms.

She laughs and sets her down before she sprints to her “big girl bed” and crawls under her covers. “Goodnight, Mama!” “Goodnight, baby,” Dahyun laughs as she places a soft kiss to her forehead and turns on her nightlight.

Dahyun exits Kazuha's room, victorious, to see Mina standing in the hallway smiling as she shakes her head. “How do you do that?”

“Do what?”

“Put her to bed so easily. You’re so good with her. Why can’t you be the stay-at-home mom?” Mina whines as she embraces Dahyun. “Well, it may be due to the fact that I’m the only one of us that went to law school, but what do I know?” Dahyun joked, making them both laugh. “Do I need to carry you to bed too, Mrs. Kim?”

“Please do, Mrs. Kim.”

Dahyun takes Mina's thighs in her hands and lifts her up the same as she did with Kazuha as Mina wraps her arms around Dahyun's neck for added support. “You know, one of these days I’m gonna get too old for this.”