Neglected Love - Namihyun

Dahyun was sitting alone with her thoughts, her cell phone was buzzing away with texts from Nayeon and Mina, both wondering where she was and if she was okay but Dahyun continued to ignore the texts, downing her whiskey she closed her eyes to favor the liquid sliding down her throat, she wasn’t in the mood to talk to Nayeon or Mina, not since earlier after she exploded at them, she was so angry that she started screaming and she stormed out of the apartment.

The phone buzzed again with a text from Nayeon appearing on the screen;

Nayeon (10:55pm): Dahyunie… please talk to us, what did I do wrong?

Dahyun sighed heavily as she turned her phone off and downed another glass when a familiar voice came from behind her “Wow… you look miserable"

Dahyun turned to the owner of the voice and smiled “Hello Sana” she whispered.

Sana stepped over and leaned down, kissing Dahyun's cheek tenderly before pulling away, brushing her hand through Dahyun's blonde hair Sana smiled “I’ve missed you” she whispered.

Dahyun nodded her head “I’ve missed you too” she replied.

Sana moved and sat down on the opposite side of the booth “So… what did you want to see me about?” she asked curiously “If you want to bed me, I am sorry but my girlfriend isn’t into Polyamory” she replied with a sad smile “Though I’ve missed you deeply Dahyunie”

“I’ve missed you too Sana” Dahyun whispered “Watching you leave that day broke my heart” she admitted.

“I know… but we both know it was for the best” Sana said “You and Nayeon wanted kids and I didn’t” she said.

“I would have been happy with just you” Dahyun said “I think I would be far happy if I was with you now” she said.

Sana narrowed her eyes confused “Okay… what’s going on?” Sana asked worried about her best friend and ex-girlfriend.

Dahyun took a deep breath before focusing on Sana “When you, Nayeon and I were together… did you… did you see me as an equal?” Dahyun asked.

Sana looked horrified by the question “Of course I did… you know I did” she replied before sighing heavily “Dahyun, what’s going on?” she asked.

Dahyun took a deep breath and she launched into the story starting with how everything was perfect when Mina joined the relationship, Nayeon and Dahyun spent nights together with each other and Mina but then recently Nayeon moved with Mina and Dahyun was left out, still living in her apartment, then Nayeon had received a job offer in another city and she had discussed it with Mina but not with Dahyun and to top it all off it was their anniversary and Dahyun brought tickets for a romantic cruise for the 3 of them but before she could reveal her surprise Nayeon revealed her surprise, 2 tickets to Hawaii.

Sana shook her head by the end of it, Dahyun sighed heavily as she leaned back against the booth “Maybe I am over-reacting” she said.

Sana smiled as she shook her head “No you’re not… you have ever right to be angry” she said, she knew Dahyun loved and adored Nayeon and she knew the feeling was mutual but it sounded to her that Nayeon was neglecting Dahyun for Mina and it sounded like Mina was neglecting Dahyun, taking Dahyun's hands into hers Sana looked at Dahyun “Tell me… when was the last time you 3 made love?” she asked.

Dahyun blushed but she shrugged “A month and 3 weeks, most of the time Nayeon and Mina are spending a romantic evening together” she said.

“Dahyun… what do you want to do” Sana asked as she looked at her ex “What are you feeling… right here?” she asked as she tapped her hand against her chest where her own heart was beating.