Fake Fouls - Dayeon

“I don’t fucking know what’s her problem, Jennie” Nayeon said in anger as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, brown eyes piercing on a particular player on the other side of the court.

It was another game of Nayeon’s school against the team she hated the most because her rival is there. Being the team captain as Nayeon is for her own team, Kim Dahyun irritates the hell out of the older girl because of how dirty the brunette plays. It was the final game and if Dahyun thought that Nayeon wouldn’t notice the way she would fake fouls on purpose to earn a free throw, she was wrong. With the times she played with this aggravating girl, Nayeon knew her moves and her secrets. She knew that Dahyun would even trip players in hopes to injure them. Nayeon knew all of that.

But what bothers her the most, is that Dahyun doesn’t do it to every player in Nayeon’s team. She only does it to Nayeon, and the other girl have started to take it personally that’s why she couldn’t keep her mouth shut once a timeout was called.

“I know that she’s trying to take me down,” Nayeon said, starting to stand up from the ground as her friends look worriedly at her. “We only have 1 minute left and it’s her strategy to fake fouls so they could score without effort. But what I don’t get is she’s only doing it to me! Why can’t she do it to Jihyo or Joy instead?”

“It’s because you’re the best player in our school, Nayeon,” Jennie said, grinning at her friend. “But you know what? Just try to avoid her or something. Don’t come near her until the time ends. You’re having the upper hand anyway.”

“I’ve been fucking doing that since the game started but she just won’t stop,” Nayeon muttered, wiping her sweaty nape with her towel. “We’re only on 77-76. I’m pretty sure she’ll do something about it.”

“Then you’ll have to do something about it, too,” Sowon, Nayeon’s another friend, chimed in. “You’re both team captains and if she has something in mind to make their school win, you should have, too. You need to act on it and not let her win this. Nayeon, it’s a do-or-die for Jisoos Christ’s sake!”

Before she could even respond, the buzzer rang again as it indicated the end of timeout. Nayeon threw her towel on the empty seat with her perfectly thick brows furrowed in distress. Dahyun’s taking it easy, as if she knew what would happen to this game. Even if she wasn’t on the home court, she had this strong confidence that Nayeon always find intimidating. But she shouldn’t let Dahyun take over her game.

It was Dahyun’s team’s ball, and their center, Jeongyeon, was already holding the ball in her hand as she looked for free players she could pass it on. However, with the small amount of time remaining, Nayeon’s pushed her team’s defense and they’re now man-on-man strategy.

Being the same small forward of the team, Nayeon was standing in front of Dahyun with her arms stretched out as her back was facing her to prevent Jeongyeon from passing it to the brunette. Dahyun on the other hand was only smirking behind Nayeon, and the older girl swore she could hear the action by her ear. Even with the timeout given, the two girls were catching their breath and Nayeon shivered when she felt Dahyun’s hot breath hit her nape. The brunette noticed this, only causing her smirk to grow wider as she looked down at the goosebumps by Nayeon’s butterfly tattoo.

“Scared that you’ll lose, princess?” Dahyun teased, slightly pressing her front to Nayeon as she transferred her gaze to Jeongyeon.

“Shut the fuck up, Kim,” Nayeon seethed, sprinting to the other side of the court when Jeongyeon passed the ball to her teammate.

“Oh, please,” Dahyun said as she followed Nayeon close behind, “you’ll like me better when I’m talking in some other circumstances.”