Stockings - Dahyo

"Ah, I came up with some new outfit ideas!"

Placing her pen down, Dahyun turned slightly to face Jihyo, a wide smile stretched across her lips. "Really? Could I see?"

"Well, I haven't started working on them yet, but I made some drawings…" Jihyo leaned over her small desk, and, reaching into a folder, pulled out a paper, showing off a few sketches and variations on a theme of dress: black, frilly skirt, pink accents in the form of ribbons and bows, matching headband, and…

Blushing slightly, Dahyun stammered as she noted the finishing touches the outfit had been given. "A-ah, black stockings, huh?" She fidgeted in her seat as she spoke, finding it somewhat difficult to keep her eyes focused on Jihyo.

"Yeah! I think it really draws out the tops, don't you think?" Jihyo asked, brushing against Dahyun and placing a finger on the bust of the drawing. “See? With this color combination, I think the stockings would really help us stand out when we’re on stage!"

Feeling her face begin to fill with blood, Dahyun shied away from the arching Jihyo, adjusting her seat with a cough. "Uh, well…"

"Hmm? Is there something wrong?"

A sudden heat appeared in between Dahyun's hips, which caused her to press her thighs together, hoping to contain it. "I mean, it's showing a lot of leg, don't you think?"

"Um… not really."

Embarrassment settled itself deeper into Dahyun, Jihyo's obliviousness to what she was getting at only making her flustered self feel that much more out of place. "It seems… maybe a little… hard to perform in, you know?"

"Um… no? It's not like we're performing barefoot or something."

From the mere mention of the prospect, Dahyun had to gasp. Just visioning the rest of members without any shoes on, stomping their feet about, rubbing them across the well used stage, picking up all sorts of dirt and dust left behind by other idols.

"D-Dahyun? You're looking pretty red… Is everything alright?"

Dahyun adjusted the bridge of her glasses, trying to hide her face. "It, uh, it's nothing."

"Here, I bought some stockings the other day, if you're still uncertain…" Digging in her bag, she produced a clear bag filled with deep black nylon, offering its contents to Dahyun.

"O-oh, my god…" Dahyun mumbled, a lightness suddenly hitting her head like a brick of helium. She stumbled back in her seat, placing a hand over her panting mouth, trying desperately to avert her eyes from the stockings dangling in front of her, but ultimately finding it a useless endeavor, her eyes staying transfixed on the bag. Before she could do anything she’d regret, Dahyun extended a hand out, pushing Jihyo's stockings away from her.

Surprised by her friend’s sudden rejection, Jihyo frowned slightly, asking,  "Are you really sure you're okay? I can cut these costumes if you really don't-"

"Th-the thing is…" Dahyun interrupted, raising her hand to adjust her glasses, "I, uh, kind of have a thing for stockings…"

"You do?"

"Y-yeah, sorry… I think your designs are good, they just really… you know…” she trailed off, looking away from Jihyo, the overwhelming shame of admitting something like that to a close friend almost too much for her to handle… especially one as pure-hearted as Jihyo.

There was a silence between the two of them, one that, for Dahyun at least, lasted far longer than she would’ve liked. Just as Dahyun was about to make an excuse to leave for the afternoon to escape this awkward situation, Jihyo suddenly spoke, "I don't think there's anything wrong with it."