EXTRA

Qiu Yu didn't expect that he could still wake up.

He knew very well how cruel this world was. The moment he and Mu Feibai fell into the sinkhole in the central area of ​​the mutation forest, he knew that the only thing waiting for him was death. Either being eaten by mutated beasts, or mutated in the super-high concentration of corrosion—in short, it is absolutely impossible for him to survive.

But the truth is, he survived.

Not only did he survive, even Mu Feibai still maintained his breathing and heartbeat, but the high fever has not subsided, and his breath is scorching hot.

The moment he fell into the tiankeng, Qiu Yu subconsciously protected Mu Feibai above, so at this moment, he acted as a meat pad under the opponent.

Fortunately, the bottom of the tiankeng was covered with thick and soft humus, and the opening of the hole was not too high. He didn't fall seriously injured, but his body was unavoidably painful.

Qiu Yu slowed down for a while, seeing that Mu Feibai was still in a coma, he didn't dare to delay too long, gritted his teeth and carried him on his back again, intending to look for water sources around - now he doesn't care whether the water sources here are clean or not, it depends on whether the mutation or not Probability and luck, but if you don't cool down Mu Feibai, this kid will burn to death!

It was night now, and there was no light in the tiankeng. Qiu Yu could only move forward by groping and listening to the sound. Fortunately, this tiankeng is not completely closed, and the two side walls are relatively steep, so the reflection of the sound is very clear, which provides convenience for Qiu Yu to throw stones to ask for directions.

Qiu Yu carried Mu Feibai on his back, stepped on the soft humus, and made a crisp sound of flicking his tongue from his mouth, while relying on the size of the echo to identify the position of obstacles and passages in the sinkhole.

It wasn't until the echo showed that the front suddenly opened up, Qiu Yu stepped forward two steps, and suddenly stepped into a puddle of liquid, making the sound of waves colliding, and he suddenly breathed a sigh of relief.

God actually favored him and gave him such good luck that there is actually a source of water here.

Qiu Yu carefully placed Mu Feibai on the ground, then bent down to touch the liquid under his feet, and soon, his fingers were wrapped in a cool and gentle breeze. He carefully scooped up a handful of water, put it to the tip of his nose and smelled it, but found no peculiar smell, hesitated for a moment, then stretched out the tip of his tongue and licked it lightly.

This may seem reckless, but it is indeed the correct step to identify whether the water source is polluted or not when surviving in the wild - the water source polluted by erosion mutation will produce all kinds of strange smells, and the entrance will also have pungent or bitter changes .

For those who have been injected with anti-erosion drugs, the tip of the tongue will not be infected if it touches a little bit of contaminated water. Therefore, when marching in the field, everyone will use this method to judge whether the water source is available.

However, they are now in the center of erosion and mutation, and some comrades who have also been injected with anti-erosion drugs have suddenly mutated, so in fact, this "correct procedure" for judging the status of water sources has long been unsafe.

But Qiu Yu had no choice.

Mu Feibai needs cold water to cool down, and he still has many wounds on his body. If the water source is not safe, it will be even more fatal to Mu Feibai.