113

When the ambulance just drove into the hospital, Qiu Yu woke up in a daze.

At first, he only heard anxious shouts and noisy machinery running in his ears, and then the light shone into his eyes, and the lower part of his field of vision was half blocked by some device, as if some kind of structure was making soft noises with his breathing.

Immediately afterwards, the car door in the direction of his feet opened, and the bed under his body was slid down by some force, firmly supported on the ground, and then he was pushed into the pale-lighted corridor by a group of people.

It wasn't until this time that the memories from earlier gradually emerged in Qiu Yu's mind.

He gritted his teeth to prop up his body, pulled off the device covering his mouth and nose, and pulled off the straps tied to his arms and ankles, and then, amidst the exclamation of the medical staff, grabbed the nurse closest to him, dumbfounded. He asked, "Mu—where's the other person?"

The nurse hurriedly pushed him back to the bed: "Lie down first!"

Qiu Yu swayed, holding on to the person stubbornly: "Where is he? Take me there..."

Seeing that he was about to turn over and get out of bed, the nurse shouted anxiously: "Sedative here!"

Qiu Yu jumped off the emergency bed, and felt something wrong as soon as his feet touched the ground. His legs could hardly use any strength now, unable to support his weight, and the whole person fell to the ground in an instant.

Then, he was surrounded by a pair of powerful arms, and he was carried back to the bed and held tightly.

Qi Zhefeng's eyes were red, and his tone was filled with anger: "What are you doing! Lie down!"

Qiu Yu tugged at Qi Zhefeng's sleeve, coughed twice, but still asked persistently, "How is he?"

Qi Zhefeng opened his mouth, but remained strangely silent.

"He..." Qiu Yu's heart sank suddenly.

The surrounding lights seemed to dim suddenly, accompanied by a whirlwind. For some reason, Qiu Yu suddenly felt nauseous. His heart beat so hard that it almost sank into his stomach. Plop, plop, the hot and burning blood was pumped up his throat, stuck in his throat. There, it was difficult for him to breathe.

Qiu Yu tightly clutched Qi Zhefeng's sleeve, ignoring the burning pain in his throat, and asked in a hissing voice, "...are you still alive?"

He was answered by an anxious and chaotic voice.

It seemed that someone was giving orders quickly, and something cold wrapped around his wrists and ankles again, his mouth and nose were covered by something, and the cold air penetrated into his nostrils, finally slowly dispelling the haze in front of him.

Then Qiu Yu heard Qi Zhefeng's voice: "...I will try my best to rescue him, he will be fine, don't be afraid. Don't be afraid... just sleep and wake up. Be obedient..."

Qiu Yu tried to defend himself: "I'm not afraid...I'm calm...I don't want to sleep..."

However, the next moment, the dream came without warning.

Surrounding him was a dark and messy alleyway, the smell of blood and gunpowder smoke filled this narrow space, and the sound of guns and roars of mutant beasts could be heard continuously in his ears.

Qiu Yu felt that he was probably seriously injured. Hearing the approaching footsteps and heavy panting of the mutated beast, he wanted to leave this dangerous area quickly, but no matter how hard he struggled, he couldn't move an inch.