Chapter 31: Talks With Rosetta

Începe de la început

"I can't-" Allison shook her head, more tears rolling down her cheek. "I can't go back. I can't face anyone- god, how am I supposed to face my sister or brother."

"You can do this." Rosetta gave her a reassuring smile, brushing away her tears as she then added, dropping her hands. "Plus, you did promise Rose something, didn't you?"

"What?" Allison's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and Rosetta just nodded over the girl's shoulder, causing Allison to turn around, seeing Damon walking a bit away from the group. "You promised her that you'd keep fighting, no matter what. And you promised that you'd look over Damon."

"But I-" Allison shook her head, looking back at Rosetta. "But I lied to him. I lied to everyone."

"You also made a promise to him." Rosetta nodded, "You can still keep those promises. Keep fighting, Allison, and go back to Damon." She then looks around the group, "This is your family. And they need you."

"Yeah." Allison finally nodded, then Rosetta added. "But, because I am your mother, I'm not gonna say anything about your first love."

"Hey, I got the terrible taste in men from you." Allison said, earning a look, but the young girl just smiled. "I know how you and Elijah loved each other. You should know, he's the one who saved me all those years ago."

Rosetta smiled at that, apparently the news of that made her even happier. Then the woman held out a hand, "Ready?"

"Yeah." Allison took her hand, "I'm going home."

Then they were back in the meadow as Rosetta spoke. "I will always be there for you, Allison. But, that mark on your arm... just be careful. I so sorry you were burdened with this."

"What do you mean?" Allison turned towards her, "Do you know why I'm cursed?"

"I wish I could explain, but there's no time." Rosetta shook her head. "This is where I leave you. Just remember, never stop fighting. And always trust your banshee instinct. I love you, Als, goodbye."

✘ ✘ ✘

Allison shot awake with a desperate gasp, but then she looked around herself. The girl panicked, darkness surrounding her, then she panicked even more upon feeling like she couldn't move. "Help!" The girl tried to yell, her mind reeling but her voice came out raspy and weak. Allison felt tears sting her eyes as she coughed, it hard to breathe in the small space as she finally felt around herself, and even more panic took over when she realized that she was in a narrow box.

The young banshee began hyperventilating. She didn't know what was happening. She didn't understand anything at the moment. Her mind was reeling, her body hurt at every inch, and her heart pounded fast and hard in her chest. It even hurt to breathe.

Calm down, Allison thought to herself. The girl squeezed her eyes shut, her hands going to her sides as she desperately tried calming herself down.

But that's when everything crashed down in her mind, and she remembered it all.

She remembered the sacrifice, then she remembered Rosetta giving her a choice. Then she remembered seeing everyone at a funeral for Jenna, John,... and herself.

Allison opened her eyes again, managing to shakily breathe through the panic when she realized that she was in a makeshift coffin six feet under ground. And just thinking that, it became even more difficult to try to calm herself down. "Help! Somebody- please!" She begged, slamming a hand against the wood that surrounded her, but she knew that it was no use.

"Okay, okay, okay.." Allison whispered, squinting through the darkness. "I have to get out of here." But she also couldn't see anything.

As if answering her silent prayer, the necklace pendant began glowing. The red crystal lit up the area as much as it could, but it was perfect. Allison looked down, thanking whatever god or angel, or witch or banshee that made this thing. She then realized something and reached down, pulling a knife out of the jacket she was wearing.