Chapter 4: The Wolf Is Out Of The Bag

Start from the beginning

"Something with claws?" Tyler spoke up, causing Allison to look over, dropping the chains as she moved over to him. Allison pursed her lips upon seeing the wall, and she furrowed her eyebrows as she moved closer to the wall, bringing her hand up. She spread and placed her fingers on the wall, lightly tracing the claw marks, but then she jumped back slightly when a whiff of freezing air hit her as an image of the full moon flashed across her mind, along with a howl echoing in her ears.

"Allison?" Tyler looked at his friend confused and concern, but Allison just snapped out of it, shaking her head as she looked at him. "We should leave."

✘ ✘ ✘

"She needs you here." Stefan spoke through the phone and Allison sighed, closing her eyes as she paced around Tyler's living room, the phone pressed to her ear. Tyler had went to talk to his mother while she had gotten a call from Stefan, about Caroline. "I can't, Stef. I need one day- just one day without one of my best friends almost killing me. A day without any vampire anything."

She paused, hearing him sigh from the other end, and opened her eyes. "Do you understand that?"

"Yeah." Stefan breathes out. "I just wish you could move past it, but I do. I understand."

"Thanks." Allison nodded, even though he couldn't see her. She then pulled the phone away from her ear and hung up, before frowning as she put the phone away. But then a voice came from behind her, "Who was that?"

"Mason." Allison jumped, whirling around to face him, and having to force a smile. "Oh, uh, no one." She then glanced over his running gear, "How was your run?"

"How was yours?" He smirked, and Allison slightly cringed, having completely forgotten what she was wearing as well. She smiled nervously at him and he just laughed, before heading into the room Tyler and his mother was in.

About a minute later, Tyler comes out and Allison raised her eyebrows. "How'd it go?"

"We're throwing a party." He smiled, and she shook her head in confusion. "What?" He just laughs and Allison rolled her eyes, of course that's where his first thought would go. To throwing a party.

✘ ✘ ✘

"No." Allison spoke urgently and in a warning tone, but Tyler and Matt just ignored her as they picked her up and began heading towards the water. "Don't you dare."

They both just grin, laughing as they threw the girl into the cold water. Allison was glad that while she was in jean shorts and a black bikini top, she had also decided to take her shoes off over by her jacket, which was also where she had put her phone.

Her bare feet hit the murky bottom as the burn on her shoulder begins stinging, but she ignored it and kicked upwards, waiting til she hit the surface before she breathed in and out, opening her eyes. The girl was also happy she hadn't worn makeup, besides the waterproof mascara. Waterproof being the key word into making sure she wouldn't have smudges or raccoon eyes.

Allison glared up at the boys, "You are both dead!"

The two just laughed, as the teenagers surrounding the area started swinging off the rope swing and into the water. Allison swam over to the shore and looked up at the boys, holding out a hand for help since there was a little lift up from where the shore was. "Come on, the least you could do is help me up."

"Oh no, I am not falling for that." Tyler chuckled so Allison looked towards Matt, who hesitantly reaches a hand out and helped her onto land. Allison shivered, brushing her hands off on her soaked shorts. She decided that he was safe because of his cast. "Thank you, Matty." But then she turned towards Tyler, shoving him off the bank. But at the last second, Tyler grabbed Allison hand tightly, causing them both to go in the water.