Chapter Ch137.1 - Respect

The corridor had gone up in flames.

Before the fire could engulf the Council Hall, the contestants swarmed out through the door––

The sound of gunfire and chaotic yelling all merged together, along with the sound of metal against the walls. Near the door frame of the wall that led to the corridor, the fire crackled, and a wall collapsed!

The first person to run tried to turn back and find easy pickings, firing off a shot, but his pupils suddenly shrank.

A bullet passed by!

A second shot!

Inside the Council Hall, the Dreyse M1841 rifle fired twice, sweeping out an empty space of nearly 20 meters outside the wall.

Wu Jin pursed his lips, wrapping his arm around the butt of the gun. His expression was cold and dangerous as he turned back and pulled Chu Chu out from behind the ruins.

Wei Shi guarded their backs.

They had ransacked through most of the Council Hall. Chu Chu accepted the materials from God Wei and counted them attentively, “12 boxes of bullets. They were basically all ejected from the contestants’ life-saving capsules. There are probably 6 usable Dreyse rifles, and in addition, we have a box of black bullets. Take a look at the caliber...”

Wu Jin’s gaze paused on the box of bullets, “Front loaded shotgun bullet.”

In the 17th and 18th centuries, guns were still in their infancy. They had low firing rates, were single shot, slow loading, and were heavy.

However, if they had to ‘make do’, it was still enough to temporarily arm up a standard survival show team.

Wu Jin’s Dreyse rifle could be used for close range sniping, while the front-loading shotgun could reluctantly take the place of the shotgun that was used over 100 years later.

The Prussian Potsdam-style shotgun in the big boss’s hands was one of the types that were loaded from the front.

Wu Jin tossed the box to Wei Shi, and the man tacitly reached out to intercept the throw.

“6 sniper bullets, 30 musket bullets.” Wu Jin bowed his head and calculated, “The fire is still spreading, and if it burns for 5 hours, then the heating equipment of the commoners, aristocrats and the clergy will all have stopped working by then. The fate of the players will be determined by the fire.”

Chu Chu’s expression was anxious, “There’s too little ammunition.”

Wu Jin nodded, “They’re still fighting outside. From the timeline, this is the first large-scale exchange of fire since the assembly. The second time will be after the nobility and clergy lose their heating, which will be five hours later. The third time––”

Wei Shi: “Before the fire goes out.”

Wu Jin snapped his fingers. “Yes. We’ll save a few bullets and hold on until the third fight. The commoner camp doesn’t have that many bullets. Now––”

“Let’s go find Vera.”

The tongues of fire devoured the magnificent walls, leaving dark and terrible shadows.

Wu Jin didn’t have to waste much effort in order to find the Jacobin’s camp. For the first five hours, only the nobles and clergy could still scurry about, while the commoner camp had to rely on the fire to keep warm.

To one side of the marble courtyard, above the Hall of Diplomats, Lin Ke, who’d taken part in the abduction of the royal family, flashed by.

Chu Chu clenched her hand around the bayonet in her hand and wanted to charge up right away&#k2013;&#k2013;Wu Jin pressed down the fierce Chu Chu and said, “Wait.”