Chapter 118.1- Giant

“It’s fine.”

In the moment when Vera’s hair stood on end, Wu Jin suddenly reached out to stop his teammate, “He’s the one who gave us the notebook.” He explained in a low voice, “Let’s see what he’ll do.”

The ghost’s bloodstained arms were very close to Wu Jin, close enough that the dried blood and white bone could be seen. The skin was split and flesh was out in the open from the neck down; it was a very shocking sight.

Vera’s throat convulsed, and she held tight to Wu Jin’s elbow.

Wu Jin soothed her, “It’s just a 4D projection.”

The painter’s face was handsome but pallid, and his figure was thin. Apart from the blood and half rotten flesh, he also had a pair of beautiful hands.

It was difficult to believe that he’d stabbed himself nine times with a knife with these hands, leaving the painter lying in his own pool of blood.

The hands fluttered across the page, rubbing repeatedly along one side of the notes until they finally stopped on one sentence.

––“He died of his last painting.”

The air in the old hall was stale and dreary. Beneath the burning candlelight in the Hercules Salon, the ghost slowly started to fade away.

Wu Jin hadn’t yet had time to ask again when the figure of the painter rapidly dispersed.

The last painting.

Wu Jin flipped the page and finally saw the name of the painting.

<Time Saving Truth from Falsehood and Envy> Lemoyne, 1737.

Wu Jin closed the notebook with a snap.

New clues.

The youth finally glanced in the direction the painter had disappeared from, then looked up at the vast ceiling artwork before finally tucking the notebook into his combat suit and walking quickly towards the door.

Vera followed him, “Where are we going?”

Wu Jin took a deep breath, “Back to the reference room. To find out where François Lemoyne’s last painting is hidden.”

The Palace of Versailles had the richest historical collections of France. As Louis XV’s chief painter, Lemoyne’s life story and paintings had to have been recorded. However, the moment the two of them set foot outside of the Hercules Salon, Vera suddenly felt something and looked down at the card.

The card was a little hot.

“The card changed!” Vera spoke quickly.

The original painting of skies and clouds had faded, replaced with a flowery signature.

François Lemoyne.

Vera’s heart sank, “Is it only this card that’s changed, or did all the cards change&#k2026;”

Wu Jin’s expression wasn’t optimistic, “The first time the prompt for the instance appeared, all the cards changed at the same time. Most likely, once a team advances the progress of an instance, all players will benefit from the clues.”

Vera was surprised, “That’s not fair!”

Wu Jin shook his head and didn’t discuss it further. With the cards, all the players would benefit from the clues at the same time––this small change was designed to reduce the ‘information imbalance’ between players.

It would no longer be as easy for him to gain an advantage as it had been in previous elimination matches.

For most of the Crosson Show contestants, this would be considered ‘fair’.