Chapter 53- Graduation Assessment

The gates of the training base opened from within.

The neon lights and shadows of Floating City were separated by a layer of mist, and the faint fragrance of white orchids drifted over from the garden behind the base.

Wu Jin had just taken a post-battle shower, and the small curls that hadn’t yet been blow dried were wet and droopy. Before taking the shower, he had still been dancing happily, but after he was doused with water, he immediately returned to his senses.

He had rushed up and hugged big brother just now after finishing the training. He’d been sweaty and hadn’t showered... also, it seemed like the big boss had just wanted to do a simple hand clasp...

But he’d charged up just like that!

He hadn’t even asked the big boss if he was willing or not at all!

The youth who emerged from the changing room had flushed cheeks from the steam, and the eyes beneath the damp, soft hair, darted over to Wei Shi from time to time.

When he used to play basketball at school, there were quite a few people who would hug their teammates even when they were sweaty after they landed a three-pointer, but they’d all been wearing the same colored vests and shorts, and their skin was so darkly tanned that they looked like small lumps of coal. It was messy and crowded, and there was nothing wrong with rubbing against each other.

But big brother––

He wore a standard Floating City military uniform, leather boots, a cavalry belt, and a dark military cloak with the mask badge and gold tassels. The military boots, metal belt buckles, and high nose bridge were all prominent under the lights, while the rest was cast in shadow. He seemed like a half-bright bayonet as he stood there outside the base in the dim, damp air.

Wu Jin whimpered in his heart––he could almost imagine how he’d destroyed such scenery when he pasted up against him like a piece of sticky candy!

Wei Shi glanced at Wu Jin and beckoned for him to follow.

After washing up, the rabbit spirit let out a faint scent of shower gel, his small round face soft from steaming. Any little movement would cause a sweet fragrance to waft over.

Wu Jin finally relaxed after seeing that the big boss didn’t seem to care.

Wu Jin was still chattering on about his training on the way over to the big boss’s suspension car. His wet curls had now been half dried by the night wind and were a tangled, high-spirited mess.

“The graduation assessment tomorrow night... will big brother come?” Wu Jin suddenly asked.

Wei Shi looked at the youth beneath the lamp and nodded, “Yes. Train well.”

Wu Jin hastened to agree.

Beside the training base, Wu Jin’s calm expression suddenly turned to a cheerful one as he watched the big boss drive away.

He slid his hand into his right pocket, his fingertips rubbing lightly against the handle of the gun.

Earlier, the moment of breaking through his psychological barriers was like a flood of catharsis. The gun sense that had always been vaguely partitioned off suddenly burst out of its dam.

Three continuous accurate shots.

Lifting the gun and shooting in one go, and only when his movements were faster than that of the target could he force the other side to change their trajectory and land a preemptive strike.

Wu Jin took a deep breath and calmed his boiling blood.

Although he was only facing a dynamic target––but after two months of training, this was the first time he’d learned how to fight with guns.