Chapter 109.1- Leaving

The morning passed by quickly.

The news spread like wildfire across the R-Code base––Wei Shi had performed brilliantly during the assessment and obtained an S-level transformation quota.

This was merely his ‘second transformation’. If his third, fourth, and even ninth transformation were also S-level, then he would become another legend at the base like Shao Yu.

His future was promising.

The base directly rewarded him with 120 green cards.

At the canteen table.

Wu Jin’s eyes were locked on the plates that were being continuously served to the table. There were all kinds of first courses, second courses, main courses, and desserts, followed by coffee and tea.

The big boss looked proud as he helped him arrange his napkin.

In the distance, Mao Qiukui observed the proceedings pitifully, and Mao Dongqing was admonishing him, “What are you looking at? Do I starve you or something? Go home!”

Wei Shi cut off a small piece of matcha cake for Wu Jin and looked at his bulging cheeks.

Wu Jin bit down on the cake and asked, “When are you doing the transformation!”

Wei Shi bowed his head and expressionlessly inhaled the scent of the matcha flavored little shortie, “At night.”

Wu Jin nodded.

If the emotional lock was a type of negative stress, then the genetic transformation was a positive stress that the R-Code base had turned into ‘glory’. He agreed with Researcher Song that their best chance at bringing the big boss out was after the second transformation.

Wu Jin was a little curious, “What’s the transformation like?”

Wei Shi thought about it, “It depends. The assessment is a watershed. Those with high scores are given a more ‘stable’ transformation, while those with lower scores become ‘test subjects’.”

Wu Jin immediately thought of the big boss’s unstable visual transformation.

Wei Shi gestured for him to open his mouth and eat the cake, “The gap in strength can’t be seen prior to the first transformation. Everyone is a test subject. This time,” Wei Shi raised his chin, “I chose speed and strength.”

Wu Jin’s eyes opened wide, “Why?

Wei Shi pretended to be impatient and knocked on the table with his knuckles, “How will I protect you if I don’t go in the direction of battle?”

The big boss rolled up his sleeves to show the tight muscles attached to his smooth arm. It didn’t carry the same level of extreme power from 10 years later, but it was already very good among the teenagers of the same age.

Two small, round eyes were immediately drawn to his arm.

Wei Shi tsked, “You can touch, if you want.”

Wu Jin stretched out his little paws, and pinched and touched.

Wei Shi: “... Enough. What kind of gaze is that! Why does it look like you want to take a bite! Eat your dinner, eat your dinner.” The youth knocked on the table, and the Wu Jin who was almost full enough to start burping could only obediently open up his mouth.

“Too thin.” Wei Shi was picky.

Wu Jin chomped down two bites of dinner, “Wei Shi, you’ll really protect me!”

Wei Shi raised his eyebrows, “Nonsense!”

It was nearing evening at the R-Code Base. By the time the genetically modified gathered together again, the loudspeakers had already gone through a new &#k2018;brave warriors commendation list’ once. Wei Shi was included in the list of applicants for a second transformation.