Chapter 29- Assessment

The other three people were stunned.

Zoe started, “You really don’t need help?”

Wu Jin’s round eyes were bright, “Don’t worry.”

Zoe nodded. It wasn’t yet 1PM, and the Crosson base was still empty. The shooting ranges that had been booked full before the first elimination match were all displayed as ‘open’ on the terminal.

Zoe mused, “Little Witch, do you want to go to the shooting range now?”

North Tower basement 2nd floor.

The shooting range range was devoid of people.

From the moment Wu Jin aimed the assault rifle, Zoe had already started to show a mildly surprised expression and had turned back to exchange a look with Wen Lin.

The assault rifle was different from Wu Jin’s usual heavy machine gun. It had a lighter body and a weaker recoil, and it wouldn’t generate enough force for medium to long distance suppression––which was mainly due to the specifications of the bullets.

The bullets of this gun were lighter, with an effective range of less than 200 meters. The trajectory of the shot was also significantly different.

Wu Jin set his hands on the gun, fine-tuned his shooting posture, and landed his shot in the second ring on the static target.

Zoe noticed that Wu Jin’s line of sight wasn’t on the center of the target––it was focused on the vertex of the bullet’s curve.

Wu Jin didn’t immediately shoot again. Instead, he slowly adjusted his shoulders and arms.

Through his slightly narrowed eyes, the cold, pale colors of the training room faded away. It was as though he was still back in the air rifle shooting range, the air flow displaced by the friction from the moving bullet––

The gun roared again.

Sixth ring.

Caesar, who had been crouching to one side, suddenly jumped up and gave Wu Jin a warm round of applause, “Little Witch, this one was pretty good––”

Zoe quickly pushed him back into place. “Shut up and stop making noise.”

Wu Jin instantly woke up from his focused state, his shots landing between the fifth and sixth ring. By the time he had finished using all the training bullets, he looked back to meet Zoe’s gratified gaze.

“Not bad.” The White Moonlight sniper finally nodded.

After Wu Jin and Caesar left, Zoe handed his support a cigarette, and the two of them took advantage of the fact that the trainee students hadn’t yet returned to smoke comfortably inside the training room.

“Little Witch is pretty good. His accuracy isn’t there yet, but his gun sense is catching up to the others.” Zoe began, “When the official shooting test takes place after another two weeks of training, I really want to see how that group of haters end up slapping their own faces.”

Wen Lin laughed.

A long time later, Zoe spoke again in a low voice, “Captain... Captain Lin might not be in good shape. That team game was full of mistakes, and White Moonlight didn’t make the cut. As for the vice-captain––”

Wen Lin made a sound of acknowledgement. He knew that Zoe was talking about Chen Xiran and White Moonlight’s elimination in the final game of the subgroup matches in the Star League. Vice-captain Chen Xiran had made a mistake in judgement, and their captain Lin Jue had been sniped when occupying a point.