Chapter 50.2- Mind Calming Agent

After the second theory class, actual combat training finally filled up their schedules again. After all, the final exam––would be two people fighting for their lives in the underground arena, and not two people sitting on opposite sites and writing papers.

For the next three days, the A073 training room, which belonged to Wu Jin, was always entered at 7AM and turned off at 11PM.

The twelve recovery agents that the big boss had given him were just enough to cover four days of training, and Instructor Arjun had given him another six.

From start to finish, Wu Jin never understood why Instructor Arjun would ‘apologize’ to him.

With the accumulated training using powerful training resources, Wu Jin’s tactical evasion changed almost completely.

The instance difficulty increased to ‘medium high’ on the second day, and moved onto ‘high’ by the third day. The six sets of tactical evasive maneuvers became deeply rooted in his bone marrow and firmly memorized by his muscles. Zoe even saw it happen a few times––Wu Jin would use a spoon to figure out how to connect the moves during a meal.

When the two finally teamed up to train together––even Zoe was amazed.

Some people might not have the best talent, but they might definitely be the hardest working one out of the people around them.

Outside the training base, the fog that covered Floating City remained day after day.

When the night view became as gorgeous as the daytime view, Wu Jin finally came to a realization that the first day of the weekend in Floating City had arrived.

For the first time, the training base allowed them two hours off. Wu Jin didn’t think twice before allocating it all to training room A073. The rabbit spirit and the insectoid beasts happily huddled together inside.

After three days of hellish training, Wu Jin even felt that there would be no problem if he set up his bedroom using this kind of layout!

In the second hour, Zoe finally couldn’t help pulling Wu Jin out of the training room in order to study the latest developments of the Crosson Show.

The arrival of the weekend was a sign that the show’s holiday break was halfway over.

In order to canvas votes, Thin Fire photoshopped and posted a second fried egg from Thin Water.

Zoe: “Can that freakish Thin Water only fry eggs? Don’t these two eggs look exactly the same?”

Wu Jin: “... The second egg is done in the shape of a heart. It should have been made with a mould.”

There was no movement after he spoke.

Zoe: “Pass.”

The organizers of the Crosson Show had already begun to make preparations for the layout of the third elimination round. The buildings covered by the curtains were scrawled with six-pointed stars, and the Star Net webpage from the sponsors link was also under construction.

Zoe: “It looks a bit like that... magic shrine? The theme for the next elimination match is a little hard to guess. Little magical boy Little Witch?”

Wu Jin retorted, “Magical boy Zoe!”

Zoe: “Fine then, we’ll decide it this way. Magical boy Caesar.”

The two continued to look into it, but when there was only twenty minutes left of their break, Zoe decided to go back to his room and get some sleep.

Wu Jin once again opened up the Star Net to research nuts, hard candy, and small steamed buns.