Chapter 67.2- Altar

Wu Jin quickly rubbed his face as he criticized himself internally, then led Zoe over to the materials box.

When Zoe took out a wands card, Wu Jin couldn’t keep the corners of his mouth from curving.

“I snatched it up in the instance.” Zoe said feelingly, “For better or worse, your Brother Zoe is still a c-position.”

They inserted the card, and their second clue was ejected in return.

Wu Jin, who’d originally thought that he could obtain a second map, was stunned.

This was a perspective view of the building.

The statue of Hermes was suspended in the air, below which were the splendidly arrayed survival instances. A card hung suspended above every instance––it was no doubt the core card that controlled each of the instance scenes, one of the 22 major arcanas.

This perspective seemed to imply that the instances were manipulated by the card and was associated with the tarot deck.

Wu Jin’s eyebrows twisted slightly. He was in the midst of suspecting that the drawing was a repeat of the known clues when he suddenly noticed one detail.

There was no fire pit in the perspective view, but the height that the card was suspended at coincided precisely with the location of the fire pit.

He lifted his head and looked up to confirm the position of the fire pit once again.

At the end of an instance, the card would land on the elevated platform and could be replaced by the players. So, this picture described the scene when the instances were opened––the card would bypass the instance rooms and hover at the foot of the statue.

There was also a line of words at the bottom of the drawing.

“Hermes was the first god to teach people to light a fire on an altar and burn sacrificial offerings.”

There was silence in the corridor.

Zoe was even more baffled, “Sacrifice? What is a sacrifice?”

Wu Jin quickly explained the previous clue, but he finally had to shake his head slightly, “There aren’t enough clues. We still need to grab more wands cards.”

The statue of the god, the fire pit, the placement of the fire pit, and the card spread. There were countless complicated and overlapping lines, and there seemed to be no intersections in the darkness, yet they were still connected by a line.

Hermes was the god from which tarot divination originated. The arena was a gothic altar dedicated to his sacrifice. Sacrifices were meant to be burned, but the fire pit was always out. At his feet was a deck of cards, but the purpose and result of the divination was unknown––

There were tens of thousands of spreads, and the semantics were quite complex.

For example, the three-card time flow spread that they’d learned in the course represented the past, present and future from left to right, but from the current map, there were at least seven cards in this spread. It was obviously at a level above that of the past, present, future spread.

It took time to learn a tarot card spread, but the chance of acquiring a wands card was only 14/78. Even a human-shaped weapon like Wei Yan would only be able to obtain a few cards.

In other words, it was very likely that the clue for the spread had been communicated to everyone right at the start!

Wu Jin closed his eyes slightly, his memories flowing through his mind like water. He went back over the third instance, the second instance, the start of the game, then to the time when the players drew cards...