Chapter 64.2- The Lover's Card

Wu Jin had no time to think about it. He quickly raised up his submachine gun to shoot at the elevated platform, but Zuo Botang wasn’t eager for an exchange of gunfire and retreated behind shelter. Wu Jin set his teeth, then turned and ran towards the exit with all his strength. Another trainee who was five meters ahead of him had already stepped outside––

At this time, the sound of mechanisms shifting sounded out, and the door closed!

On the elevated platform, the Temperance card was pulled out, and Ming Yao had already replaced it with another card.

The instance beneath the gothic spires was locked down like a cage.

From the other side of the wall came the sound of moving metal instruments, the creaking of gears, and the pulling sound of hinges as well as countless subtle sounds of friction. It was as though they were all being moved by an invisible hand of fate.

Wu Jin, who’d been just one step away from leaving the instance, was forced to retreat backwards as the sounds in his ears grew louder and bigger, almost scraping against his eardrums.

His field of vision was dim, and the original hills and grassy fields seemed to be swept up by the wind, the scene inside the instance spinning as it shifted.

All of a sudden, several fluorescent lights lit up on the walls of the instance.

An enclosed preparation area!

Other than Jingyi’s double c who were on the elevated platform, all the other players, including Wu Jin, rushed unhesitatingly towards the preparation area. The instance began to change as soon as everyone arrived.

First, the vegetation at the base of the hill split apart in a straight line, revealing the deep foundations and an intricate network of wires. The terrain sank slowly and was shifted to both sides. The huge, silver mechanical arm that held the terrain flashed by.

All the players who had turned into silver life-saving capsules, including that big brother, were all snatched up by the mechanical arm and tossed down a recycling tube.

Several life-saving capsules clattered as they rolled, leaving the arena within a few minutes. The program crew would pry the contestants out of the capsules and interview them after they’d received a medical exam.

Then, there was the elevated platform.

Wu Jin looked up quickly. The platform was the same as the preparation area and acted as a safe zone while the instance was being remodeled. Jingyi’s double c-position hid behind the columns and were also looking up.

The angel sculpture hanging in mid-air looked compassionate as she finally set down the chalices. She closed her eyes, her lips raising slightly as she slowly opened up her arms. The crimson wings behind her shoulder blades gradually obscured the light.

The last source of light disappeared, and the instance was suddenly plunged into darkness.

Beneath them, they could hear the sound of the mechanical arm replacing the terrain, but there was no way to see anything.

Regardless of what the upcoming instance was, Wu Jin only knew that it would be Jingyi Entertainment’s trump card.

Wu Jin slowly inhaled even as he quickly turned on the headset.

In the team channel, Zoe was currently speaking to Wen Lin, “Just now was The Chariot instance. On the card, a powerful figure is controlling two lions to pull his chariot. When I went in, the person who’d changed the card cleared out the chariot and opened up a barren area that stretched for a hundred miles around him, damn it. We were treated as lions who had to fight back and forth below, while he sat there alone in the chariot and watched a play&#k2026;”