Chapter 91.2- Pterosaur

The young dinosaur stretched out a pale claw. Its brothers and sisters who’d come out of their eggs before it were gathered together beside it. It gave a small, silent whimper and breathed weakly.

The female dinosaur finally lowered its neck.

Seeing that the female dinosaur was making a move, Lin Ke breathed out a sigh of relief. The female dinosaur had originally been using its nose to test the temperature of the nest. It rubbed against the weakest baby dinosaur, then suddenly opened up its mouth, crushing the egg shell with one bite and attacking the baby’s neck.

Then came the sound of the baby dinosaur’s neck breaking.

“F*ck me––” Lin Ke was about to rush out from behind their bunker when he was abruptly pressed back down.

Ming Yao and Sora looked back simultaneously––Wu Jin’s brows were twisted into a frown as he let go of Lin Ke.

Lin Ke calmed down, but he was unconvinced. “Brother Wu, I have no objection to killing in the food chain, but that’s a baby that’s only just opened its eyes, and it’ll live on as long as it’s taken out of its shell. And, there’s still an egg that hasn’t hatched...”

Wu Jin waited quietly for him to finish speaking. Lin Ke’s voice grew increasingly weak. He’d originally been full of confidence, but he slowly started to feel guilty under Wu Jin’s gaze.

“Natural selection. It serves to ensure that only good genes continue.” Wu Jin finally spoke.

“Dinosaurs weren’t the dominant species until the end of the Triassic period. In order for them to evolve faster towards their superior, dominant position, some female dinosaurs would eat the weaker young who were unable to break through their shells––removing their ability to pass on their inferior genes right in the cradle.”

“The female dinosaur’s behavior isn’t something she has a choice on. Besides, she also needs nutrition to raise her young.”

Ming Yao finally understood, and picked up where Wu Jin left off, “About that, Little Witch is talking about natural selection...”

In the nest in the middle of the farm, the female dinosaur finished eating the last baby dinosaur that hadn’t come out of its shell, then brought its healthy offspring to the river.

The team finished watching the show and went back to doing whatever they were supposed to be doing. Before leaving, Ming Yao suddenly looked back and noticed that Wu Jin was still staring at the eggshells. However, in the next second, Little Witch had already picked up a primitive hoe and left to continue building their infrastructure and it all seemed to be just an illusion.

He suddenly thought about how Little Witch never seemed to bring up his parents and family when they talked. Even if he, Lin Ke, and Sora went on, he would just be listening carefully from the side.

However, Ming Yao tossed it to the back of his mind in the next second.

Night and day alternated six hours later.

The group of giant herbivorous Kannemeyeria ate leaves for six hours and didn’t move until the Archosaur in the swamp leapt up and caught one for a late night snack.

The team then discovered that the original Archosaur had also evolved––its snout was longer, and it had armored skin all over its body. It had turned into a real crocodile-like species.

In the late Triassic period, after the fat and lazy Lystrosaurus were eliminated, the crocodile-like species were much stronger than the dinosaurs, and their body sizes were much larger than dinosaurs as well. It wasn’t until the beginning of the Jurassic period––that some herbivorous dinosaurs that finally had the space to grow turned into huge dinosaurs. Carnivorous dinosaurs were constantly pressured and smeared into the earth by the crocodiles.