Chapter 123.1- Black Mass

Six o’clock in the morning.

After sleeping for seven hours, Wu Jin woke up happy. He crumpled up the pillow and quilt, rolling around before getting up in satisfaction, and jumping out of the king size bed barefoot.

In the main hall of the Grand Trianon Palace, Vera passed bread and butter to Wu Jin, while Wei Shi appeared from the opposite direction to Wu Jin’s room.

In the show’s live broadcast room, Blood Pigeon had just gotten up, and most of the audience were still making up for lost sleep. Only a few scrolling comments appeared when Wei Shi showed up, and they were full of “Ohhhhh” sighs.

Blood Pigeon: “???”

The program producer handed him the script and yawned, “Ignore them. These CP fans just wish Little Witch and Little Wei would blaze up like fire on dry wood, and insist on them cuddling together to sleep... Ah, ah, give me a cigarette, I’m too lazy to brush my teeth...”

The livestream camera switched, and it cut to show a collection of exciting fights from the last 8 hours.

Grand Trianon Palace.

As expected, Wei Shi kept his promise and handed Vera the information they needed before disappearing with Chu Chu in the direction of the Palace of Versailles.

“They’re going to go clear the Louis XIV card instance.” Wu Jin thought about it, “It’s probably going to be the first purple card cleared since the start of the game.”

Vera rummaged through the book and suddenly thought of something. She spoke with a trace of lingering fear, “It’s a good thing that we were only given the clues in the morning. If it had been last night––when Montespan’s second round of clues comes out, other players would rush to the Grand Trianon in the middle of the night once they saw the card.”

Vera spread her hands, “And we wouldn’t be able to catch up on sleep.”

Wu Jin choked on a bun, and two sentences popped up in his mind, “The rest will be delivered in the form of a wake-up story.” and “Didn’t I come and solve this special situation for you.”

The youth quickly buried his head in his food, but he couldn’t keep the corner of his mouth from rising up.

After the two of them finished resting up, Vera finally looked at her wrist watch and said, “305 still alive. The dance starts at 8PM, and there’s still 13 hours left.”

Wu Jin nodded and began search through the information at full speed.

“Madame de Montespan was Louis XIV’s most famous mistress. Her power and honor eclipsed even that of the Queen, and she was known as ‘the real Queen of France’.” Vera dug out an unofficial history of the Sun King, “Montespan gave birth to seven children by Louis XIV and was officially expelled in 1680. In the end, the King forbade his children from meeting with her and didn’t allow anyone to mourn her death...”

Wu Jin nodded and quickly caught onto the key words, “1680... In 1680, Montespan was accused by the police for her involvement in a famous... event.”

Wu Jin paused.

Vera came over to take a look, and saw a French word looming in the records: Messe Noire.

“What does that mean?!”

The two of them exchanged glances, but after going through all the accusations, they were only able obtain a few scant words.

“If this was a royal scandal, and the King’s first mistress was the one being accused,” Wu Jin closed the book, “Louis XIV was likely to have used all possible measures to wipe out Madame de Montespan’s name and erase all relevant records. The clues aren’t here.”