Chapter 54.2- Underground Match

The green light over the referee’s stand finally came on.

The gladiator had been hit in the lung by the impact of the bullet and coughed up a mouthful of bloody foam. He shot Wu Jin a vicious glare, then pushed away the staff who’d come out to support him and stumbled towards the curtains.

The audience stands were filled with the roar of cheers, and even the aristocratic ladies in the front row threw down flowers, bracelets, and various other objects into the arena, their gazes bright with interest.

The staff were already familiar with the process and hurriedly picked up the valuables to return them to the audience. Unexpectedly, the atmosphere became even more intense a few seconds later––

The youth accepted a bandage that was handed to him from one side of the arena and tore off the protective clothing that had been split by a bullet, revealing slender and smooth, yet extremely explosive, curves of muscle. He wrapped the bandage neatly around his shoulder and arm wounds, and because he couldn’t exert force with his arm, he had to slightly lift up one end of the mask to hold the bandage in place with his teeth––

Blood, youth, guns, and hormones.

Shrill screams rang out from beneath the stage, and the waiter had to endlessly explain, “His name cannot be given”, “Please respect the contestant’s choice to wear a mask”, “Champagne cannot be gifted to this contestant”, “There’s no reason given... it’s an order from the upper management...” ...

Behind the curtains.

The man’s throat moved as he swallowed, and he reached out to rub his fingertips lightly against the handle of the gun.

The rabbit spirit that he’d caught in the woods on a whim during the audition seemed to have already grown a mouthful of little, white fangs.

Five minutes later, the opponent for Wu Jin’s second round was sent up onto the stage.

The audience off-stage felt that they were at a grand banquet. Nobody dared to take out their terminal to record the matches because it was prohibited, but there were a lot of ongoing private discussions.

“My god, I want to have monkeys with him! ––Even if you can’t give me his name, you should at least give me his code name, ahhhhhh! Today is my first time seeing him, did he come to the underground arena just to play around, or will he participate regularly in the survival shows? Please at least give a statement!!”

“... How can dressing a wound look so cool! It reminds me of two years ago when the King hadn’t yet retired; he bandaged himself up in exactly the same way. Back then, I was shocked by his looks, and now this little brother––almost made me cry for him! It’s like time has turned back to the young King of six years ago!”

“He looks like he’s 20 or younger. His fighting style is strange, and his shooting skills are obviously flawed. Also, this is the beginner’s stage... I remember that the King went straight to the elite arenas when he appeared? However, what you’re saying also seems to make sense, especially when he’s bandaging...”

“I’m afraid of him getting hurt, but I also can’t help my blood from boiling when he’s hurt––ahhhh, what to do!”

The lights came on again.

This time, Wu Jin extended the fight from five minutes to ten minutes. The opponent was at about the same level as a B~C level Crosson Show trainee, and Zoe would definitely have been able to settle him in three minutes.

But he was already showing obvious signs of physical exhaustion.

The opponent was far fiercer than the Crosson Show trainees who were a world away from Azure Cosmos. After seeing the wound on Wu Jin’s right shoulder, the opponent’s shooting angle became cunningly unpredictable.