Chapter 81.1- Filming

The program producer who was to the side slapped the sofa and looked excited, “Ah, that’s a good one!”

When he saw that Wu Jin was already in a trance, he immediately changed his phrasing:

“Our show won’t force contestants to devote themselves to their performances––the actual details are all negotiable! Either a real kiss or an ambiguous atmosphere are okay! I think it’s acceptable to just adjust the angle, and the lens can also be blurred. With that kind of hazy, matte, glass special effect that was popular last fall, and some lighting adjustments!”

Ying Xiangxiang smiled slyly and nodded, “”How about this, Little Witch and Contestant Wei can cast a secret ballot?”

“......” Wu Jin was going crazy: How could they not know who was who with two people?!

On one side, the small stage manager received the program producer’s gaze and quickly tore off two small pieces of paper and handed them over.

Wei Shi accepted it calmly and picked up a pen––

He then glanced at Wu Jin again.

Wu Jin’s heart was beating fast, “!!!”

Big brother’s gaze held no temperature, but it made Wu Jin feel a chill that ran all the way down to his tailbone. His mind was confused, and he couldn’t control his eyes from landing on the man’s slightly dry lips.

Wu Jin’s entire face quickly turned red. He bent his head and hurriedly wrote something down before swiftly folding the paper up.

He folded it in half, then folded it in half, then folded it in half....

After accepting Wei Shi’s vote, the stage manager chuckled, “Little Witch, don’t fold it anymore. If you fold it any further, you’ll be compressing it from the blue planet to the moon.”

Wu Jin reluctantly handed in the note, and the stage manager pretended to find the program producer and count the votes.

The program producer picked up the little paper that Wu Jin had folded up tightly, opened it up slowly, then looked at it and set it down, unsurprised at the results. He then opened up the piece of paper that Wei Shi had handed in.

When the vote was about to be announced, Wu Jin let out a relieved breath, his expression one of accepting whatever fate handed him. He felt guilt and shame towards big brother in his heart, so he’d left the right to choose in big brother’s hands––

The program producer cleared his voice: “One vote in favor, one abstention.” He slapped his thigh, “Okay! Let’s add the scene!”

Everyone in the studio rejoiced at the news, and even the sponsor was smiling broadly.

Only Wu Jin heard a roaring in his ears, his face full of disbelief.

The two contestants were quickly packed into the life-saving capsule. With the green screen in place, the special effects team was adjusting the background modeling. The sunken ship and scrap iron seemed to suck in the light as they drifted towards the empty sea floor. The dreary setting was in sharp contrast to the happy and smiling Crosson filming team.

After everything was ready, the program producer was proud and pleased, expressing that everything was proceeding as expected.

The little stage manager flattered him, “Based on Little Witch’s character, he really is capable of abstaining. As for Contestant Wei’s consent––”

The program producer explained it to him, “That is even easier to understand. We need to look at the essence of the problem! This high-quality appearance money tree contestant is an individual contestant who can’t bear the cost of giving money to the program group. He only had one shot over three entire episodes. Do you understand how important this endorsement is for him?!”