Chapter 105- Domesticated Pet

The lights in the laboratory were dim.

Wu Jin woke up all of a sudden, and a tube of physical recovery agent and a glass of water were pushed into his hands.

“Trust and subconscious reassurance.” Researcher Song looked down at the report that had just been generated, “For Brother Wei, it’s a good sign that the detected fluctuations have fallen close to below the safety threshold.”

Wu Jin quickly swallowed down the recovery agent and breathed a sigh of relief.

Researcher Song looked at Wu Jin, “Bringing him out requires an opportunity.”

“Coming out of the subconscious requires an environment of extreme stress––provided that Brother Wei trusts you absolutely.”

A document was handed over to Wu Jin.

It was only a short 12 pages, but it detailed the layout of the R-Code Base, the personnel structure, and several important timelines. The materials showed a deep familiarity with the base and had clearly been compiled in a hurry, like a quick search through one’s memories––

Wu Jin subconsciously looked towards Mao Dongqing.

Mao Dongqing nodded slightly and thanked him solemnly, “A modest effort.”

A quarter of an hour later, Wu Jin entered the machine again.

Waiting for the high stress opportunity would take time, and before that, it was necessary to stabilize the youth’s trust in him, otherwise known as––becoming his pet.

The world flipped, and Wu Jin’s pupils shrank when it cleared up again.

He was standing in the open space near the instructor’s residence at the R-Code Base, nearly half a hill away from the dormitory he’d been in last night. Thick black smog obscured his view.

He wasn’t by the big boss’s side.

Wu Jin froze, then pumped his legs to run back.

The noise of the electric current in his head crackled, and the communication channel with the outside world connected. Researcher Song inquired anxiously about his status, but the connection cut in and out. “Little Witch, do you see Brother Wei... The fluctuations in the readings just pulled away from the threshold again. Something’s wrong... You need to find Brother Wei...”

The passage of time in the subconscious didn’t match up with reality. It had only been two hours in real life, but the time in the subconscious had shifted from midnight to noon. Wu Jin passed through the black smog that choked the nose, covering his left rib from the pain of the sprint, his breath almost exploding in his chest all the way until he neared the dormitories––

The bedroom was empty, and the door was unlocked. The quilt that should have been meticulously folded was tossed about in disorder, and the cupboard had been left open.

The training clothing and pillows were in the same state.

It wasn’t like someone had broken in. It was more like the big boss had been searching for something obstinately.

From last night until now, there was only one thing that was missing.

Wu Jin felt like he’d entered an ice house.

He gritted his teeth and rushed out of the bedroom again. He quickly contacted Researcher Song, “Will the subconscious fill in the gaps for me?”

Researcher Song gave a very definite answer and suddenly seemed to realize something.

Wu Jin clenched his fists, “Brother Wei... he has no sense of security inside his own subconscious.”

He should have thought of it a long time ago, he should have known––the big boss from 10 years later slept in a bed equipped with enough guns to rival an armory. The origins of this psychological defense came from the R-Code Base.