Chapter 62.1- Jingyi

Wu Jin froze.

Wei Shi’s eyes were deep and didn’t seem to absorb the light. It was probably because he was too overwhelming, but even his brief inquiry came out like an interrogation.

Wu Jin’s face was red, his heart rate soaring up to 120 BPM.

Obviously feeling guilty.

The man’s gaze swept over the small round face. Wu Jin finally reacted and hurriedly began to rub his face.

Wei Shi: “Why rub your face.”

Wu Jin: “... Be, be, because it’s hot...”

Wei Shi opened a gap in the coffin, and the cold air streamed in.

The freezing wind swept in, and the rabbit spirit who had been forced to cool down didn’t seem to be aware of it as he swiftly turned into a rabbit popsicle, the type that had round, shifty eyes.

“!!!” Wu Jin subconsciously shifted further into the coffin.

Wei Shi: “Cold or hot?”

Wu Jin stilled, then opened his mouth with difficulty, “It’s ho, hot...”

Wu Jin shivered and trembled as he pulled himself out of the big boss’s warm, toasty embrace to welcome the cold, bleak wind.

Wei Shi bowed his head to look at him and suddenly reached out to stuff him back in.

Although the youth had unobtrusive muscles, he still felt soft to the touch most of the time. When he was pressed down by Wei Shi, he immediately turned quiet and obedient and changed shape––just when he was about to be squeezed into a ball, the man suddenly reached over Wu Jin’s shoulder and sheltered him from a raised piece of wood inside the coffin.

Most of the props used in the Crosson Show were high-end and impressive on the outside, but shoddy and cheap on the inside.

Wu Jin, who was just about to bump into a plank, ended up on Wei Shi’s broad, strong arm, his small curls tickling Wei Shi.

The arm blocked the rampaging wind for him, and Wu Jin, sheltered by the big boss, felt like he was soaking in a warm spring. The coffin was still slightly open, but now it only felt cool––

It was like watching snowflakes fall while soaking in a hot spring on a winter night. The freezing wind was blocked by the shelter, and the cold snow was soon melted away by the steaming heat.

Wu Jin subconsciously looked up.

The cold, -20 degree wind didn’t seem to trouble the big boss at all. The man looked down at the dazed, silly rabbit, and the rabbit raised up his cheeks in pursuit of his heat.

Wu Jin’s heartbeat suddenly quickened.

There seemed to be a kind of uncontrollable joy rising up from his heart.

Wei Shi looked at the youth who’d finally quieted down––he was curled up comfortably and looked happy, neither shivering with cold nor flushing from heat.

The man finally showed a satisfied expression. His arms folded in, and he pulled Wu Jin further into his arms.

Five minutes later.

The trumpet cut through the night, and light spread down from the top, driving out the cold. The angel from the Judgement card appeared again, bringing salvation to the world.

The two of them paused slightly as they came out of the coffin, as though deliberately or unintentionally hoping for redemption to come later than it had.

After coming out of the safe zone, due to the rule against illegal team formation, Wei Shi nodded to Wu Jin and didn’t hesitate to turn away.

Wu Jin hugged his carrot gun and watched as he left, then turned back at the first gunshot––