Chapter 71- Water Army

“Prepare the cameras! Ah, move it down a bit, wipe the lens, but don’t get it dirty! Hurry up, this is like opening up a pearl oyster. Come on, open the capsule for 300012...”

The dim interior was suddenly pierced by the light.

The youth’s eyes were tightly closed, his eyebrows twisted, and his eyelashes quivered due to the sudden noise. The side of his face was covered with a layer of light and appeared warm and soft.

Above the life-saving capsule, the camera lights flashed wildly.

The deputy director gestured, and the little stage manager immediately held their breath and stepped forward to carefully shake Wu Jin awake.

“Our Little Witch’s face value is really battle-worthy!” The deputy director looked over the camera playback and was both pleased and complacent.

To the side, Red, who’d been pulled out of the life-saving capsule by a mechanical arm was almost dizzy when he saw this scene.

Two stage manager girls reached out their small hands to poke lightly against Contestant Wu’s shoulder––while on his side, the mechanical arm slapped mercilessly at Red’s buttocks, signaling for him to get out of the way and not hinder the recovery of the capsule.

“Aiya, who f*cking wrote this program––” Red came out covering his bottom and was glared at by the little stage manager.

“Little Witch!” The stage manager turned back and called out in a gentle voice, “The game is over. Come out of the capsule and walk around a bit.”

Wu Jin lifted his head up slightly, opened his eyes, and agreed obediently. Perhaps because he’d inhaled too much anesthetic, he looked a little dazed and silly.

Outside the life-saving capsule was the dusk scenery of the Crosson base. The clouds were gradually dyed red, and reflected the colors of the setting sun. Heaven and earth seemed to be paved with fire––a few hundred meters away, the gothic altar continued to burn with the sacrificial fires.

The third elimination match arena was dying peacefully after having served its purpose.

A filter screen with electric lights covered the area, containing the ash, residue, and PM2.5 from the burning structure. The program producer was directing a group of cameras to take shots of air filter advertisements for one of their sponsor brands.

The atmosphere in the studio in the distance was jubilant, support signs held high on the big screen.

“White Moonlight, my Ace! Collective soul explosion ahhhh!!!”

“Jingyi double c!!! Supporting my Jingyi double snipers for life!”

“Pick my Little Witch aoooo!! Bramble fire, gloriously paving the way! Mama will guard Little Witch’s debut!”

In front of the life-saving capsule, the little stage manager smiled broadly and said, “Little Witch, look, they’re all cheering for you!”

The survival show relied on violent aesthetics to conquer the audience––if Wu Jin had previously won the second elimination match based on pure strategy, then he had really gained a genuine circle of fans with this third game.

The battle for chalices in the ‘Temperance’ card, the fearless assault in ‘The Lovers’ card, and the fire trap in the final elevated platform were projected on the screen repeatedly, interspersed with wonderful highlight clips from other players.

Wu Jin nodded slowly, with a little delay, and looked a little embarrassed.

The little stage manager chattered on and said a few more sentences, but suddenly started to feel worried and called the medical team over.