Chapter Ch130.2 - Noble

There was the sound of thunder from outside the window. Raindrops splashed and fell down the open glass doors to the Palace of Versailles as Wu Jin retrieved his gaze.

The frequency of the instances, the bad weather, the constantly moving timeline for the Louis XV era––

This second round was much more difficult than he’d thought.

Chu Chu ran in through the rain just as Wu Jin looked down the stairs, “They’ve just started fighting.”

Chu Chu looked down and was shocked. Two life-saving capsules were left in a corner, and there were marks from bullets and fighting on the walls and ceilings, with the players nowhere to be found.

“There are fewer and fewer nobility instances. Just now, there was a team ambushing others for cards.” Wu Jin paused for a moment, “But, after the players were eliminated, the card didn’t drop.”

“What!” Vera and Chu Chu’s mouths both dropped open. The two teams were still allied but still lacked a second promotion card. Almost all the nobles in the Palace of Versailles refused to allow them to take part in their instances, and their only hope had been to snatch cards from other players. At this time, even that hope had been dashed.

Chu Chu’s expression changed faster than Vera’s. The Madame de Pompadour card was in Wu Jin’s hands, and she was still unable to advance––

Wu Jin took a deep breath. The big boss was a guest of Madame de Pompadour, but other than the captain Zoe’s and Brother Wen Lin’s two teams, at this time, there was nobody else who knew about this in the entire Palace of Versailles.

He had an obligation to take responsibility for the big boss’ and Chu Chu’s promotion.

Thunder rang out again. Wei Shi came to join them, and Wu Jin looked at Vera.

Vera understood after a moment, and her eyes curved, “Let’s go, I can’t just watch Chu Chu be eliminated.”

Wu Jin’s eyes lit up and he was very moved as he thanked her. Then, he quickly led them through the dark corridor, “In the first round, we hid a purple card in the storage room. If it’s still there, the purple card is likely to be a French aristocrat––”

The door to the storage room squeaked open.

The armor lifted up its sword angrily, and Wu Jin skillfully dodged, the sophisticated bayonet coming up to meet the knight’s sword that was slashing in from the other side. Vera reached out and easily snatched the card away from the armor.

Wu Jin’s heart fell to the ground like a stone, but even before he could touch the stone, Vera’s expression changed, “This card...”

Wei Shi stretched his hand out for the card.

The card still retained the clue from the first round, and on the surface of the card, there was a simple description of a woman’s life. Chu Chu leaned in and read out, “Julie, the mistress of Louis XIV’s stable manager, a common girl of poor birth...”

They all stilled at the same time.

A civilian.

Chu Chu read it out loud again in a trembling voice, but she still couldn’t change the fact that this card was a civilian card, even if this stable master’s mistress was a purple card and the situation seemed rather strange. Chu Chu gritted her teeth, “Should we solve this card?”

Wu Jin hadn’t yet opened his mouth when their wrist watches all rang out with prompts at the same time.

Louis XV’s ball would begin at 8PM that night.