Chapter 77.1- Mango

The half hectare of game terrain suddenly lit up.

Obstacle courses were a competitive type game that originated from military training activities.

Wu Jin lifted his eyes and roughly took in his surroundings from his starting point. His line of sight hovered over the ups and downs of the terrain, and his hearing was magnified to its peak––the turbulence of the river could be heard 30 meters away.

Ditches, slopes, and contours were identified on the terrain and quickly used as landmarks, corresponding to the cross-country map that rose up slowly a few minutes ago.

A short while later, Wu Jin turned towards Wei Shi and reported their exact position, “We’re at (N16, W2).”

On the stage, Ying Xiangxiang was cheerful as she reported, “Most of the players finished the map calibration within two minutes, but the fastest was Little Witch and Wei Yan.”

Beneath the stage, the ‘Evil Cult’ Scarf fans that had been killed off by the Assorted Scarf fans all expressed their sorrow.

Blood Pigeon picked up the microphone and explained, “The calibration of the field map is mainly based on players’ memories, and their ability to align themselves will be based on points and lines on the map. Contestant Wei Yan is very experienced and has excellent calculation abilities. This result isn’t surprising.”

Ying Xiangxiang also knew this and quipped, “I remember that the audience once commented that no matter what the competition is, Little Witch can still turn it into a math test––however, this map is far from simple. Instructor Blood Pigeon, who do you think will pull out the first flag?”

Blood Pigeon didn’t hesitate, “Since this tests their tacit understanding, Jingyi. There’s no doubt about it––” He paused, then said with some consternation, “Someone has picked up a flag?!”

Inside the miniature map, Wu Jin and Wei Shi were positioned one in front and one behind as they made their way through the minefield with their water guns in hand.

Wu Jin walked very carefully. According to the map, the closest colored flag was on the upper part of a hill. The two people waded through the low river and saw their first flag.

Wu Jin’s eyes brightened, and he ran towards the target. However, the moment he reached out for the flag––soundproof glass suddenly emerged from the weeds, forming a delicate transparent cage that kept him sealed within.

“......” Wu Jin was stunned. He smacked against the glass and looked blankly at the big boss.

The camera took in the scene from outside the cage, and the audience roared with excitement.

“It’s a play... a beautiful youth trapped in a cage!”

“Why does this bewildered Little Witch poke at my heart so much? Begging Contestant Wei to rough, oh, no! Be gentle...”

Wei Shi’s expression remained unchanged, but his eyes shifted slightly as he stood there with his back to the camera.

Inside the cage, a mechanical prompt rang out.

“Flag task. You draw, I guess. Please pay attention to the topic. The first&#k2026;”

Inside the glass cage, moist, warm air drifted out from beneath his feet, quickly creating a fog effect on the clear glass. In a flash, Wu Jin reached out his index finger and drew on the glass&#k2013;&#k2013;

A small, round animal.

While the audience was still blank and confused, Wei Shi replied instantly, “Hamster.”